Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kinipela24

I'm officially a sleever!

Rate this Entry
I can't believe it has really happened. I am still in Tijuana, Mexico at the Pueblo Amigo Hotel. I flew into the San Diego airport where my friend met me via train (she had unexpected neck surgery the week before). The first thing she said to me when I got of the plane was: "I am going to need to go home." I tried to act okay with it but I did get emotional. She decided to just go to the hotel and see how things went. She ended up leaving the day of my surgery. She was not able to see me afterwards. I want her to take care of her own health of course it was just lousy timing. However, I am here and I am not completey alone because I booked a package deal through this overall really great company with a great set of bilingual drs and nurses and valets to take me wherever I need to go. The other patients here have been kind as well. I do miss my friend and I am a little lonely. I go home on Sunday and I am looking forward to seeing my mom and cat.
The surgery went really well. It took an hour. The liquid they give you in TJ for the leak test was not bad at all. The first day was the worst but I am doing much better today. Swallowing has been fine for me and I don't have a sore throat. I don't have any regrets. So far so good! When I woke up from surgery I actually asked them if I had the surgery! I am so glad this is behind me! Thanks for all of your support in asking my questions. I look forward to being there for others!

Submit "I'm officially a sleever!" to Digg Submit "I'm officially a sleever!" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm officially a sleever!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm officially a sleever!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck to you!
    Glad to hear that things are going smooth so far. It sucks about your friend but you seem to be doing fine despite the set back. Things will continue to get easier each day. Just make sure your focus is on fluids and proteins. Congrats on your sleeve!! Can't wait to see you on your journey!! If you haven't already, don't forget about taking pictures and measurements so you can track your progress regularly! Hugs!
    So happy for you! Congratulations!
    Sending you love and light; happy you are ok. Can not wait to see you along the way of this amazing journey.
    So happy for you! And I do hope your friend feels better. She met you just one week after her surgery??? That can only mean she truly cares about you.

Sending you immense love and healing energies for a speedy recovery.

Welcome to the Losers Bench!
    Thanks to all of you!
    Congratulations on the new you!
    Hi Jennifer,
    I'm glad your surgery went well!! thanks for the up date!

Now you will have time to rest and learn to know your new stomach. Take it day by day, try to drink as much as possible, same for walking. You will do great!

I wish you a fast and easy recovery. Take care!
    Oh Jennifer that is a lot and had to be scary when your support person had to leave. It is totally understandable and of course you want her to take care of her health... but it still stinks. You did a fantastic job!!! I appreciate you giving TJ info as I will be there in a few weeks. It is nice to know that you were not in a lot of pain following surgery. (I am a little worried about pain and nausea following my sleeve) I wish you happiness and continued success!!! (BIG HUGS) xo