Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MsLaurie65

What got me here?

Rate this Entry
I have arthritis, and nerve back pain severely. And carrying around almost 250lbs wasn't fun and fulfilling. I am doing this to help get my life back. I know it's a tool in my weight loss adventure. But it's a tool that I need to help save my life. I love Me don't get it wrong, but I am not loving all the extra I have. I have learned so much about the gastric sleeve surgery and I know Me and only Me are responsible for My success. I am ready for the journey. As my neighborhood kid friends would say: "On your mark, get set, go....."

Submit "What got me here?" to Digg Submit "What got me here?" to del.icio.us Submit "What got me here?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What got me here?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Love the attitude and accountability! It will serve you well on your journey Laurie!
    Love your attitude! Sounds like you are so ready! Congratulations on your decision!!! I have the same issues. I'm 5 foot nothing and my start weight was 260. My advice is change your eating habits now and lose as much as you can before surgery. It has helped me so much. I'm 3 weeks out of surgery and eating pureed food and craving the good veggies! I know it would have been so much harder if I didn't change 7 month before my sleeve. Can't wait to read about your journey. Good luck!
    Congratulations and you'll get a lot from this forum.
    I am 5 foot nothing and started out at 232. You can do it!!!!
    Wishing you the best! Welcome to your "new improved life!"
    That wonderful, positive attitude will take you far! Enjoy the ride, you will be thrilled with your results.

And even though the sleeve is "just a tool," it is the only tool that has ever helped me lose weight and keep it off. So it's the best tool out there! Basically a miracle.
    Welcome to the site! You are in the right place for amazing support and a wealth of information and experience from countless others traveling along the same journey. Everyone here is fantastic!! As you move forward, be sure to post your experiences so you can help others too. Most importantly ~ here's wishing you MUCH SUCCESS (hugs)
    It's all good! You won't regret the decision. My major reason for having the surgery was that I began to feel as though if I didn't make a major life change about my weight that someone else was going to be raising my kids. I knew that I would never see my daughter go to college or get married. That was the most motivating factor in my decision.

I do not regret it at all, and quite frankly I am having so much fun being the new me!

Keep fighting the good fight, and welcome aboard!
    i just want to say welcome. im with you on starting this journey of improving my life with this life changing surgery. im getting more and more excited as the days come.
    Welcome!
    Positive attitude is important in this journey. Good Luck!
    Welcome! We're here for you.

You really won't regret this decision. Honestly, the best thing I've ever done for myself and I'm only halfway to goal (5 months out, and I started with OVER 150 lbs to lose. I'm 5'3" and was 297, currently 215. BEST TOOL available in my opinion.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Love the attitude and accountability! It will serve you well on your journey Laurie!

Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    Thank You for your advice. I have stop eating the junk food, sweets, and high carbs. I have lost 20lbs since I began the journey in April. I just have to get up and walk, walk and walk some more. I appreciate You alot, Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann

Thank You for your encouragement! I really believe I can succeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa888
    Wishing you the best! Welcome to your "new improved life!"
    Thank You so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    That wonderful, positive attitude will take you far! Enjoy the ride, you will be thrilled with your results.

And even though the sleeve is "just a tool," it is the only tool that has ever helped me lose weight and keep it off. So it's the best tool out there! Basically a miracle.
    I agree with You wholeheartedly about the sleeve being the tool. Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Welcome to the site! You are in the right place for amazing support and a wealth of information and experience from countless others traveling along the same journey. Everyone here is fantastic!! As you move forward, be sure to post your experiences so you can help others too. Most importantly ~ here's wishing you MUCH SUCCESS (hugs)
    Reading Your post has helped me alot during this phase of my life, I have learned so much from you. Thank You so much for all you do here! I will continue to help others however I can!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gvn71
    It's all good! You won't regret the decision. My major reason for having the surgery was that I began to feel as though if I didn't make a major life change about my weight that someone else was going to be raising my kids. I knew that I would never see my daughter go to college or get married. That was the most motivating factor in my decision.

I do not regret it at all, and quite frankly I am having so much fun being the new me!

Keep fighting the good fight, and welcome aboard!

Thank You for the motivation. What a great testimony of what brought you to your decision. The Love of our children will inspire us to better decisions about life. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini
    i just want to say welcome. im with you on starting this journey of improving my life with this life changing surgery. im getting more and more excited as the days come.

I think the excitement has overruled the nervousness. All I can say is "Let'sGo!"...Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenson
    Welcome!
    Positive attitude is important in this journey. Good Luck!

Yess...Positivity is everything! lol, Thank You so much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    Welcome! We're here for you.

You really won't regret this decision. Honestly, the best thing I've ever done for myself and I'm only halfway to goal (5 months out, and I started with OVER 150 lbs to lose. I'm 5'3" and was 297, currently 215. BEST TOOL available in my opinion.)

You Go Girl, lol, I Love It!!! I believe I won't regret the decision either, I am ready for what come to me Now! Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLaurie65
    Thank You for the motivation. What a great testimony of what brought you to your decision. The Love of our children will inspire us to better decisions about life. Thanks!
    (Hugs) Thank you Laurie for the kind words. I'm so excited to hear all about your weight loss journey! You are going to do great!!!!!
    You've got the right pre-op attitude. Best wishes.