Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

And waiting on the last to fall.....

Rate this Entry
Took me about 10 days but lost another pound. As I have gotten closer to goal I figured the last pounds would be hard to lose. Surprisingly, they haven't been as hard as I thought. I have just continued on my path and they are coming off slowly but surely. I am just a pound away from my goal weight. I feel absolutely healthy and confident. I am pretty sure I have at least a couple of pounds of excess skin. I would think about 3-5. I took a few more pics today. I am losing slower now so I am no longer measuring or taking progress pictures every 2 weeks. I am still seeing great results. I am attaching some side by side views. The first picture was taken 3 days post op when I had already lost 20 pounds during my 7 month weight loss management and the liquid diet so the first pic is around 187 lbs.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front 6 11.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	26801

Name:	back 6 11.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	26802

Name:	side 6 11.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	26803

As for skin, I do have excess skin. It is not very noticeable unless I bend. Sometimes getting dressed in certain things I have to make sure I tuck it. Still nothing to really complain about. I am attaching a few of those pics as well. While I have only lost a total of 86 pounds (66 have been post op), it is a substantial amount of weight on me as I am only 4'11".

Name:	belly skin.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	26804

Name:	butt skin.png 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	26805

Name:	thigh skin.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	26806

As for other measurements of success I can tell you my inches that have fallen since I started measuring on 11/6/2016 to today 6/11/2017.
Waist 42-27=15 inches lost
Butt 45-35=10 inches lost
Busts 43-34=9 inches lost
Bicep 13.5-9.5=4 inches lost
Thigh 26-18.5=7.5 inches lost
Total inches lost=45.5 inches!!!

I would definitely consider my results successful. While I am still on the higher end of normal for my BMI I look at myself and see a thin person. I am continuing on my goal of getting more strength training and pilates in to look more toned. While it is hard to tell in my bra (which is way too big), my boobs are quite a bit smaller. I think that is the one surgery I am definitely going to look into but not until after the one year mark. Everything else is really a non issue....unless I lose more weight and may have to reevaluate. I think the loose skin isn't too bad looking.

As for how I am feeling physically, I feel great. I take my vitamins pretty religiously. I can pretty much do anything I did pre op other than eat like a baby cow. LOL. I went out the other night. I had 3 small mixed drinks over the course of about 5 hours. It did not make me gain weight. I woke up the next day at the same weight. Not to say I would do that all the time but it does go to show that you can still have a pretty normal life post op. I hear a lot of people lamenting on how they feel like they'll never enjoy life again. I rather enjoy mine immensely more than I did as a fat person. Smaller person, smaller quantities of food and drink. Much bigger quality of life, though!

Long story short....it does get better from the beginning where eating is a chore. You will be able to socialize. Just don't fall into the bad habits that made you need surgery to begin with. I know for me, a lot of my overeating began in pregnancy and breastfeeding. When I was nursing I was always hungry. Then I just couldn't get the pounds to budge or restrict my portions. I had already done the damage of stretching my stomach out. I had gained 90 lbs with my son. It takes a lot of overeating to gain 90 lbs and I only was pregnant for 8 months. At any rate, the mistakes of the past are behind me and the sunshine is my future is so bright I need my sunglasses!! I love my sleeved life and would not change it for the world!

Happy Sunday everyone! Remember....it is ALL ABOUT YOU!! Do NOT feel guilty for getting yourself healthy. For all the negative people in your life, remember that they haven't walked in your shoes and their opinion does not belong in your head. Love yourself. Love your sleeve. Love your brand new healthy lifestyle! I know I do!

Submit "And waiting on the last to fall....." to Digg Submit "And waiting on the last to fall....." to del.icio.us Submit "And waiting on the last to fall....." to StumbleUpon Submit "And waiting on the last to fall....." to Google

Comments

Amazing before and after photos! you actually look taller in the after pictures?! is it the same door? if yes I think you claimed some inches back (like me!!) and your legs look great!! mine are bloody awful...but I'm still far from goal anyway...going there at the snail's speed great job!! you can be very proud!
    Christie, thank you so much for sharing your story and photos. You are a true inspiration!!!
    Woop! Woop!

Amazing transformation! you look years younger and happier! You are rocking that new BOD!

You've definitely unlocked some fat burning (and fountain of youth lol!) a lot of us are still struggling with, but keep doing you!

Stay the course!

xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Amazing before and after photos! you actually look taller in the after pictures?! is it the same door? if yes I think you claimed some inches back (like me!!) and your legs look great!! mine are bloody awful...but I'm still far from goal anyway...going there at the snail's speed great job!! you can be very proud!
    It is funny that you say that. I sent these to my friend who moved in February and was telling her I looked taller. I am sure that all that extra weight was pulling my skeleton down. I think a small amount is that my legs are fatter so spread a bit more apart in the before. I do think I have "grown" though.

Honestly, pre op I was soooo worried about my legs since I had big legs but I don't think they look that bad and I am pretty confident with more strength training I will continue to see some improvement. At any rate, they look way better than when they were fat. I sometimes study the before and just can't believe that my body was that horrible. I am so glad to be where I am today and so very thankful that I took the plunge.
    Quote Originally Posted by BahaMs
    Christie, thank you so much for sharing your story and photos. You are a true inspiration!!!
    Thank you!! I feel pretty damn successful! I am glad that I have followed the rules and stayed the course. I am so very grateful for my sleeve and the skill of my surgeon and wisdom of my nutritionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Woop! Woop!

Amazing transformation! you look years younger and happier! You are rocking that new BOD!

You've definitely unlocked some fat burning (and fountain of youth lol!) a lot of us are still struggling with, but keep doing you!

Stay the course!

xoxo

Yes Shirl!! I feel like I look younger, too!! A brand new shiny person! I think it is the abundance of protein and low carb that is really helping me torch the fat. I don't count milk carbs or veggie carbs as naughty. I do try to eat lower glycemic index veggies. I still limit fruit, sweets, fried, bready carbs...I rarely eat them but do indulge sometimes. I focus on meat and veggies, milk, yogurt, and cheese. I have found that I honestly don't feel like I am missing anything.

Hugs doll!
    Wow, amazing transformation. Keep up the good work. I know over the years I have lost inches in height. I was over 6'3" then measured at 6'1" pre-op and now it seems as though I am measuring 6'2". My legs are still short though at only 30" when it was 32" way back when. but be careful, you might go over 5'0"
    "WOW" isn't even the correct word to use here! SPECTACULAR job! You LOOK amazing! If you do have any excess skin, I can't tell. It's such a trip to see such fantastic results! I think you look taller too.
    You definitely look taller!!! And honestly... not even like the same person as your before picture. Thank you so much for your inspiration and sharing your experiences along the way. I always love to read your posts!! (HUGS)
    You look AWESOME! Amazing transformation. Keep up the good work.
    You look fantastic! I need to post a pic LOL
    The past few days I've had problems with my tummy and constipation... not feeling very good the past few days. Started taking tums after eating, but I can barely eat. Hope this passes soon. Going to FL for a gals week....
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    Wow, amazing transformation. Keep up the good work. I know over the years I have lost inches in height. I was over 6'3" then measured at 6'1" pre-op and now it seems as though I am measuring 6'2". My legs are still short though at only 30" when it was 32" way back when. but be careful, you might go over 5'0"
    Hahahaha! I snorted! I wasn't 5' even when I was young and skinny so no worries about me breaking that barrier!! LOL. I am happy to be "taller" now!! Right now only my 11 year old is shorter than me but that won't be much longer before she passes me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    "WOW" isn't even the correct word to use here! SPECTACULAR job! You LOOK amazing! If you do have any excess skin, I can't tell. It's such a trip to see such fantastic results! I think you look taller too.
    Thanks Lori!! I absolutely love the way I look now. I think you can see the skin more in person than the pictures but my legs still look a million times better. And I'm a giant now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    You definitely look taller!!! And honestly... not even like the same person as your before picture. Thank you so much for your inspiration and sharing your experiences along the way. I always love to read your posts!! (HUGS)

Thanks Gigi! I feel like me again. BK. Before kids!! LOL. I feel young again. You will be here before you know it! You already have your before pic.....that bikini is going to be falling off in your after!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gvn71
    You look AWESOME! Amazing transformation. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks Glenn! I love doing races and stuff as well. Reading about your triathlon and I am eager to get back into all those fun races. I did a Tough Mudder in 2013 when I had gotten down to 160 and loved it. I had to hold off while my hips were healing from low vitamin D. I am just starting back with my running. It is my favorite exercise. It clears my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    You look fantastic! I need to post a pic LOL
    The past few days I've had problems with my tummy and constipation... not feeling very good the past few days. Started taking tums after eating, but I can barely eat. Hope this passes soon. Going to FL for a gals week....
    Hey Leslieann! The funny thing is when I started the progress pics my hubby was like, "Are you going to post those?" I was like, "yup". I feel very safe in this environment. A bunch of great people. I hear you on the constipation. I have had issues with it for months. I hope it passes soon. I take stool softeners daily and track when I go because sometimes I have to revert to an enema. It sucks but I know it will get better eventually. FL girls week!! That's awesome! I would love to go to the beach in FL. My BIL and SIL live there. We won't visit until next year, though since we have the trip to Italy in July and a trip to Nashville in October already planned. But hopeful for next year. Haven't been to FL since 2013.
    I remember that your Italy trip is coming up!! Have a fantastic time! Oh and love Nashville! You go GIRL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    I remember that your Italy trip is coming up!! Have a fantastic time! Oh and love Nashville! You go GIRL!!
    Yes. I can't wait to go to Italy. I am having a hard time at work because my mind is already in vacation mode and I don't want to do anything!! LOL. It is going to be my first time to Nashville. I am pretty excited. Meeting up with friends from school.
    Congratulations on being ONE POUND away!!! WOW!!!! That's soo great!

You inspire me! Not to lose weight, I'm already doing that. You inspire me to aim higher, and hold myself to a higher standard.

I am losing, yes.... but I need to do better, and try harder, at meeting my macro goals/water goals. I've been having a hard time holding myself as accountable as I should be. This forum, and youtube, are the only 'support' I have. No Nutritionist, no Dr. to go see or ask things, etc. I guess what I really wanted to say is, "Thank you". I can't tell you how much it means to me to know that you, and a few others, are always here for me if I have a question or need opinions, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    Congratulations on being ONE POUND away!!! WOW!!!! That's soo great!

You inspire me! Not to lose weight, I'm already doing that. You inspire me to aim higher, and hold myself to a higher standard.

I am losing, yes.... but I need to do better, and try harder, at meeting my macro goals/water goals. I've been having a hard time holding myself as accountable as I should be. This forum, and youtube, are the only 'support' I have. No Nutritionist, no Dr. to go see or ask things, etc. I guess what I really wanted to say is, "Thank you". I can't tell you how much it means to me to know that you, and a few others, are always here for me if I have a question or need opinions, etc.

Thank you Odessa!! You are doing awesome. And you know what, it is hard to follow all the rules but I love the results. I am not perfect by any means. I do know that sometimes I need to allow myself some "cheats". That being said...I am pretty on point 90-95% of the time. My PCP said I need to try to maintain here and not lose more weight. He says that I look very healthy and any more weight and I would look too thin. I feel like his opinion is honest versus friends when they say I am "shrinking away" or getting "too tiny". They said that 20 lbs ago. My PCP, on the other hand, is just looking at it from a health stand point. I really, really like him. I think my body may go down some but I am trying to eat more. Plus, I think I may gain a little muscle weight with my increased strength training. I can deal with muscle weight because it actually makes you leaner. When I went to basic training I went from a 105 lb size 3 to a 118 lb size 0. Yup. 13 lbs of muscle made me a lot smaller and compact. I loved the way I looked then. And we are all in this together! I think we have a great group here! If you are ever in the San Antonio area let me know!
    You look Amazing!!! Seriously, you are my idol right now!!! I am about the same weight right now that you were at your surgery date and I have the same goal weight...I'm barely taller than you therefore pics of me similar to your after pics are my goal!!! Great job...it makes me very happy to see you happy with your sleeve and gives me hope that my sleeve will bring on a new "shiny" me as well. :-) Any suggestions for me as I have a tentative surgery date of 9/11/17?
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    You look Amazing!!! Seriously, you are my idol right now!!! I am about the same weight right now that you were at your surgery date and I have the same goal weight...I'm barely taller than you therefore pics of me similar to your after pics are my goal!!! Great job...it makes me very happy to see you happy with your sleeve and gives me hope that my sleeve will bring on a new "shiny" me as well. :-) Any suggestions for me as I have a tentative surgery date of 9/11/17?
    I just followed my surgeon/nutritionists post op guidelines. I have them all scanned into my computer. If you PM me your email I can email them to you. There is a ton of good information. You are so not going to regret your sleeve. I was soooo worried that the sleeve would not work for me but I kept plugging along and am so happy with my results. It gives you a new zest for life!