Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

OwnYourJourney

Picky eater struggling with food choices

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone! For the most part I believe I'm doing well! I'm down 46 pounds and I'm little over 2 months out I deff feel great but at night I'm so exhausted still but I feel like that is still normal or to be expected.... I do get full easily so I try to just make protein at this point still .... I have made chicken meatballs with spinach, then to change it up I added broccoli to them next week lol I make fish (sole) but I struggle on how to cook it healthy .... I used panko bredcrumb only a little but I don't know if it's just me or my oven but I don't love when I make it and I know fish is one of the best options so if anyone has good recipes for me I would really appreciate that ... I like salmon but terrible at cooking it myself so again any recipe and cooking tips would be amazing .... I also do eggs with zucchini for breakfast or yogurt oikos.... I've done tuna with celery chopped small also .... I've obvi done chicken grilled in strips chicken burgers .... I feel like I'm looking for change and the issue is the veggies are what makes the meal great but I get full I don't want to fill up on the veggies and not the protein? Or am I being too paranoid?!

Submit "Picky eater struggling with food choices" to Digg Submit "Picky eater struggling with food choices" to del.icio.us Submit "Picky eater struggling with food choices" to StumbleUpon Submit "Picky eater struggling with food choices" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think I have the opposite problem as you. I eat the same things everyday and Im ok with it. I used to be so focused on food and now, Im just not. When I do want something different, I go to a restaurant or order in. There are alot of healthy options out there! If you love cooking, there is a thread on this forum about what everyone is eating and menu ideas. Check it out!
    I have been eating a lot of chicken and fish. I put my tilapia or cod fillet (no batter) in aluminum foil and and make a packet and throw it on the bar b q and cook it for a few minutes on each side. Then I pour malt vinegar over it and eat it with a dab of tartar sauce or lemon juice.

My chicken, I buy boneless/skinless chicken thighs and I dump them into my crock pot with a little balsamic vinegar over them OR fat free italain dressing and cook a few hours. By the time I eat, I can only get in the meat and the veggies I make get put away. (I have been making eggplant lately too. Peeled, sliced and baked with a drizzle of olive oil and seasoned.)
    Those first months (may be until 6) I used a lot my pressure cooker to make stew or soups. I couldn't stand smells and it did help a lot because when it's sealed, no more smells! Beef stews, pork cooked with orange juice and spices..lots of beans, lentils, split peas..curry made with veggies and tofu...there's so many options!
    The thing is also that eating moist was much easier for me, so even if before I liked my salmon baked and crispy (with just some lemon juice and crushed garlic) post-op I was always careful to keep it slightly under-cooked to avoid dryness..