Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

NewRay2017

Time is flying!

Rate this Entry
So my last post I was excited to have a surgery date. Today I had my pre-op appointment for blood work and a package of special soap. They let me know to be at the hospital at 5:30am this coming Thursday, I will be the first procedure of the day! Now I am bouncing all over the house getting things cleaned up so the week after will be relaxing. I am starting to stage all my clear liquid diet items. I started a chicken in the crock pot to make myself some fresh broth, the thought of canned or in a box makes me cringe. I tried all the sugar free popsicles and jello this week and they will be good. If anyone has any good suggestions for clear liquid items for the first weeks throw them out, I certainly will try them.

Well this will be a short post, I am sure during the week as my excitement and anxiety grow I will be back. Lucky I have a weird work week, it is broken up by jury duty Monday so that will keep my mind busy.

Submit "Time is flying!" to Digg Submit "Time is flying!" to del.icio.us Submit "Time is flying!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Time is flying!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What an exciting time for you! I had a lot of anxiety the day before surgery. I also had to be at the hospital at 530 in the morning. I was up and walking around 11am tho! I really enjoyed crystal light drink mixes that you add to a water bottle. after the first 3 days of the liquid diet, I discovered that drinking water really did fill me up. Those first 3 days were incredibly rough. Good Luck!!!
    First off, you probably won't actually "want" much post op. I was good on warm and non sweet fluids. I survived on warm tea, nonfat latte's, broth, sugar free popsicles, and creamed soups made with nonfat milk. Fa!rlife milk is awesome. It has more protein, is lactose free (some people have lactose issues post op), is fat free, and lasts longer. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it. My kids actually prefer it since I started buying it for me. I was on a full liquid diet post op, not clear. The reality is clear you are very limited. Good luck.