Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JLPSch

Happy Global Running Day!

Rate this Entry
Although I started Couch to 5K before surgery, running is one of the best results of my surgery. It gives me a sense of accomplishment, peace and helps me maintain my weight loss. Here's my latest blog post about running:

https://downthescale.com/2017/06/07/...-the-distance/

Best wishes and go and run/walk today!

Submit "Happy Global Running Day!" to Digg Submit "Happy Global Running Day!" to del.icio.us Submit "Happy Global Running Day!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Happy Global Running Day!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am slowly getting back into running after breaking my neck, and it feels so good. I basically have to start over because it's been 4 months. I follow my "baby step" theory; each day in my 3 mile walk I have been adding one more song to run to. Today I was up to 5 songs! (And I should get extra credit for running in Mississippi while visiting family. It is very HOT in Mississippi.)

Running kept me at goal weight for 3 years. I gained 5 pounds since my accident and not being able to exercise at all for over 2 months. Exercise is the key, and running does the trick!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I am slowly getting back into running after breaking my neck, and it feels so good. I basically have to start over because it's been 4 months. I follow my "baby step" theory; each day in my 3 mile walk I have been adding one more song to run to. Today I was up to 5 songs! (And I should get extra credit for running in Mississippi while visiting family. It is very HOT in Mississippi.)

Running kept me at goal weight for 3 years. I gained 5 pounds since my accident and not being able to exercise at all for over 2 months. Exercise is the key, and running does the trick!
    I'm so impressed! Running after breaking your neck?! Amazing! And running in Mississippi heat too! My husband is from MS and when we visit it's usually in the hottest part of the summer!

Congrats to you for your determination and hard work!
    I love running too. I am easing back into it since my hips are finally feeling stronger. Great blog as always Jen! As soon as I am stronger again I will be doing races. I miss them so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I love running too. I am easing back into it since my hips are finally feeling stronger. Great blog as always Jen! As soon as I am stronger again I will be doing races. I miss them so much!
    Glad you're easing back into running! Races are fun, aren't they? I find the energy to be infectious and the running community to be positive.

Thanks for reading my blog! Much appreciated!
    Really good blog, Jen. Very good to hear how much you are enjoying your physical fitness and running.

And as regards pushing past our mental barriers -- interesting stuff, eh?
    Way to go! I cant imagine running in any race...could be something to think about! Would definitely surprise a lot of people. You are an inspiration!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Really good blog, Jen. Very good to hear how much you are enjoying your physical fitness and running.

And as regards pushing past our mental barriers -- interesting stuff, eh?
    Thanks, Ann! I'm still amazed how much I enjoy athletic endeavors. I wasn't athletic before surgery.

I realized very quickly after surgery that the mental aspect of weight loss is the hardest, but the one that really determines success. It's a struggle always, but well worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mominatrix
    Way to go! I cant imagine running in any race...could be something to think about! Would definitely surprise a lot of people. You are an inspiration!!

Yes, think about it! Races are fun and full of inspiring energy. I really enjoy them! You'll be amazed about what you can do!

Thanks for your kind words!
    I'm so excited to RUN.... I did a couple of 1/2 marathons (walk.. jog.. walk) at 50 pounds overweight and it about crushed me. I have several friends that love to run and do races everywhere. Everyone says they want to train with me, and I even did a class/club that extended 0-6 months before the Indy 500 Mini Marathon. I just always felt like I was slowing everyone down so I quit doing it. The worst is having someone say "I will walk with you" and then at the start want to run a little bit and end up running backwards to encourage their slow, overweight friend. Sorry .... off topic! I am VERY, VERY, VERY excited to have my surgery on July 3rd and then start training again! I plan to be in BEAST MODE and seriously crush it. I have not told any of my friends. I am just really into doing this thing by myself and letting my results speak for themselves. GLOBAL RUNNING DAY 2018........WATCH OUT, HERE I COME!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    I'm so excited to RUN.... I did a couple of 1/2 marathons (walk.. jog.. walk) at 50 pounds overweight and it about crushed me. I have several friends that love to run and do races everywhere. Everyone says they want to train with me, and I even did a class/club that extended 0-6 months before the Indy 500 Mini Marathon. I just always felt like I was slowing everyone down so I quit doing it. The worst is having someone say "I will walk with you" and then at the start want to run a little bit and end up running backwards to encourage their slow, overweight friend. Sorry .... off topic! I am VERY, VERY, VERY excited to have my surgery on July 3rd and then start training again! I plan to be in BEAST MODE and seriously crush it. I have not told any of my friends. I am just really into doing this thing by myself and letting my results speak for themselves. GLOBAL RUNNING DAY 2018........WATCH OUT, HERE I COME!!!
    I love your determination and spirit! You are ready for this big change that is coming your way!

Now, everyone has their own opinion, but it sounds like you have supportive friends, so you might think about sharing your surgery with them. Now, you might not want to blog about it to the world like I did, but I found sharing my story is so helpful. My friends and family really rallied around me and supported me during the highs and lows. And they still do!

Best wishes!
    Thank you JLPsch!!!! I really appreciate your support (hugs)