Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cupcaxes825

June 12 will be my 5 year mark and its not looking good!!!

Rate this Entry
5 years ago I had gastric sleeve surgery my weight at that time was 303 and just before surgery I was 283 and now five years later I am at 220 which is very depressing to me. I have many terrible life moments including the death of my 21 year old son due to a drug overdose, my 75 year old mom having a heart attack and quad bypass surgery and my house burning down and losing mostly all my belongs! it was a rough year in 2015 and I have been at a standstill for a long time. I just need some encouragement. I went back to the Drs. and they are putting me back on phase 1 and try to start over again. I have until Day before thanksgiving to weigh in at 208. I don't know about this since I have not lost a significant weight since 2012. So please any words of encouragement can help boost my hopes and get me back to reality.....

Submit "June 12 will be my 5 year mark and its not looking good!!!" to Digg Submit "June 12 will be my 5 year mark and its not looking good!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "June 12 will be my 5 year mark and its not looking good!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "June 12 will be my 5 year mark and its not looking good!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm getting my sleeve on Thursday! Like in 3 days. So I'll be on step 1 with you too! (I think right after the sleeve is step 1.) Putting yourself in the right mindset to do this is the first step. And by signing up here I'm assuming you have already done that! Good for you!!! You got this!!
    I've seen lots of research on gastric sites showing the pouch reset does work...which is going back to the beginning. You'll still have to put some work in but it is obtainable. I'm sorry for all your losses but remember that you are important and so is your health. Good luck.
    Surely, you can do this! If I'm reading your message correctly, you have 5.5 months to lose 12 pounds. Is that right? If so, that's basically 2 pounds a month, a half pound a week.

Is there something about the numbers you shared above that were typos?

Also, why are they giving you a specific weight by a specific date? What happens on Thanksgiving Day (other than the obvious pig-out feast of Americans)?
    you still have your itty bitty tummy, and it's still smaller than it was before your surgery.

Back to Basics. (Easy to say. Tough to do.)
    You had some really difficult years and stress in not good for your body, creating inflammation. It's hard to lose weight when your life is so stressful. But hopefully things will get better from now on. I do think that you still can count on your sleeve, so try to eat protein first, veggies, don't forget your vitamins. Drink enough water and walk outside every day, light and sun will lift up your mood. Little by little you can get back on track! good luck and take care!
    In order for me to revision surgery, maybe gastric bypass they would like me to start with phase one again and see if I can get back on track. I know I can do it I just have to get it together and put the past behind me and look toward the future I have been part of this website for a long time (under a different name) but im still the same person inside just need to tweek the outside a bit.... Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    You are still 80 pounds less than when you started, that's a lot of weight! So sorry about all you've been though. I think just going back to the basic rules of how we should be eating will help you get back on track. I know at over three years out I still feel total restriction when I eat what I should be eating, but basically no restriction if I am eating junk.

I agree with another poster, a little walk will usually lift your spirits! You can do it!
    You have had many life altering events happen to you during this time and I can't even imagine what you went through. For you to put this out there and have the desire to restart is simply amazing. I wish you the best of luck and peace in your life.

Regards,

Tommy
    I'm glad you came back to the site. Back to basics! You know you can do it. I know that life has thrown you some curves, but every day do a little something that will put you back on track. Like PamG said you still have that little stomach so there's only so much that can go in. You can do it!
    You can do this with determination, dedication and keeping your eye on the prize! You did it once on a larger scale (no pun intended) and now you just have to remember what worked and go back to the basics. 5 day pouch test, cut back on something that maybe you've been eating that's not the best choice, and move your body a little each day. Small changes will result in big results! Let us know as we've all been there on a certain level and it's a challenge to be sure, but not one that you can't overcome.
    I can't imagine what you've been through, but I do know that making positive changes helps pull you back up. Good luck and keep posting as that is also therapy.
    Get back in the game!!! You can do this, and with all the bad / sad things in your life this can be one thing that you control. You can absolutely do this! Thoughts and prayers for you my friend. Fight the good fight, and I regularly quote the motto "No easy day, except yesterday."
    Thinking positive thoughts for you! You can do it! Best wishes.
    You guys are amazing such great words of encouragement. I need this so I am going to do this walking and no more coffee which is my weakness. But just get with the program and I will be great.... I will be keeping you posted. I am going to pics soon.
    First of all I want to say, I am so sorry for your loss. On May 5th I lost my 22 year old son to the same thing. I have no idea how I can go on without my only child. I had a really rough 1st month but at least now I am out of bed. I started walking to clear my head. I gained back about 5 pounds of the 55 that I had lost but have taken it off in the last week. I can see how easy it was to gain it back and I am afraid of doing the same thing but I am praying for the strength to go on. I am 100 percent sure both my son and your son would want us to be healthy so I am going to do this in his honor. I have no words of encouragement for you but I do have words of sympathy and caring. I send blessings your way and hoe that your heart can find peace.
    I for one appreciate your candor and resolve to get back in the game. Life is going to throw us curve balls, and like another poster said, you have lost just under 100lbs and that is awesome! You have given me inspiration and I am sure for others as well. It reminds me of drug/alcohol addicts. The hardest thing to do is relapse and walk back into a meeting. However, experience is an awesome teacher and you have that in spades! So be confident, and you will be blow by 208 and surprise everyone at how much you can loose in 5.5 months. You have everyone's support!
    I had some major setbacks myself recently and was very discouraged to see my scale go up instead of down. Keep coming back to us here for encouragement and tips. You are capable of great things as you know already from your previous weight loss. You are not alone, we are here for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by yolymarie
    First of all I want to say, I am so sorry for your loss. On May 5th I lost my 22 year old son to the same thing. I have no idea how I can go on without my only child. I had a really rough 1st month but at least now I am out of bed. I started walking to clear my head. I gained back about 5 pounds of the 55 that I had lost but have taken it off in the last week. I can see how easy it was to gain it back and I am afraid of doing the same thing but I am praying for the strength to go on. I am 100 percent sure both my son and your son would want us to be healthy so I am going to do this in his honor. I have no words of encouragement for you but I do have words of sympathy and caring. I send blessings your way and hoe that your heart can find peace.

I am so sorry to hear that. Sending big hugs and prayers your ways. I cannot imagine your pain.
    Well today is going to be the last day of the first day to get back on track. 1st I joined the YMCA yesterday for Zumba Aquatics and a few senior classes to get back on track. I also had
    my last coffee on Wednesday. I feel good, its going to be beautiful this weekend an I plan to get my ass working and walking.
    You go this man,,,, I hope you do loose the weight. I know for me I have gained 5 - 10 pounds and it is hard. Keep your chin up man....
    All the best to you and your plans. Can anyone tell me more about coffee? Is that something to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcaxes825
    You guys are amazing such great words of encouragement. I need this so I am going to do this walking and no more coffee which is my weakness. But just get with the program and I will be great.... I will be keeping you posted. I am going to pics soon.
    They say decaff but I don't like decaf coffee so I have had no coffee in over a week or pop/soda
    and my doctor okayed me to the 10 day pouch reset test. So I am on my way. I will post after the 10 days right now I sit at 225 lbs. (he weighed me) and I start on Saturday. wish me luck.
    Hang in there. I'm 3 years out and struggling too. I'm getting back to the basics starting today. We both can do this. We've done it before!!!