Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Getting prepared for my surgery

Breasts after surgery

Rate this Entry
I haven't been on in a while, but I wanted to share my current experience. I am down to 202 lbs from my original weight of 275 since my surgery in August 2016. I feel so much better and am able to work and get around.

However, last month I found a rather large lump in my right breast. I feel like it must have been there the whole time and I was not able to feel it under all of that weight. Now it seems that a whole new worry has come over me. I go in on the 5th to talk to a surgeon about removing the lump to get it biopsied, but I am beyond terrified. I read online that this happens that women find lumps after losing a lot of weight and usually they are benign...but that doesn't seem to help settle this horrible feeling.

Well, just thought I would share an update on my progress and where it is leading. I will try to spend more time watching and reading everyone's progress.

Submit "Breasts after surgery" to Digg Submit "Breasts after surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Breasts after surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Breasts after surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I will hold you in my thoughts on the 5th. Good that you are following up.
    Yep, I feel lots lumps and bumps, not only in the boobie area, but everywhere. I assume they're either lymph nodes or fatty cysts.
    I hope it is benign. Good luck and sending you lots of healing vibes.
    Congrats on your weightloss Barbara. I am sorry you found a lump in your breast, I can imagine you are very scared. Thoughts and prayers to you for peace and comfort. Here's to a good report on the 5th. (hugs)
    Have you had a mammo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle
    Have you had a mammo?
    Yes I did have the mammo and that is how I know the sizes of the lymph nodes and the size of the lump in my breast. It states that it is highly suggestive of malignancy, hence the biopsy.
    Thanks everyone for kind thoughts. I will need all the prayers I can get to stay strong and get through whatever it is that we find.