Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Officially no longer overweight!!!!

Rate this Entry
So today is the day that it finally happened. I hopped on that scale and it said 123....and just like that I am officially no longer overweight. I have not felt overweight in about 10 lbs...maybe more. But it is still so very, very nice to know that I am no longer classified as overweight. Isn't is curious how much merit we put on these stupid labels? I mean, it is dumb that this meant so much to me. It is not like someone knows that my BMI had me as overweight unless I tell them because I definitely did not look overweight. I looked healthy.

Had a great day yesterday. I was part of a Memorial Day Ceremony at my work and had to dress up for our VIP's. I felt stunning in my dress. My confidence was through the roof. The funny thing is I bought the dress from a store a while back on sale for just $14. It finally fit and I was so happy for making such an impulsive purchase. I took a picture with a work colleague at the event. I am posting it but will blur his face out since I did not ask for his permission to post it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ceremony.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	26774

So excited to have a long relaxing weekend coming up. Hopefully tomorrow does not drag by. I intend to not do much of anything and want to enjoy some fun in the sun at our subdivision pool. I am sure my kids won't complain. As Monday rolls around I hope you all take a moment to reflect on the meaning of Memorial Day and why we celebrate it. It is to honor all those who died defending our freedom. No matter what your politics...just remember that some gave all to give us the freedoms we take for granted. I hope you are all doing FABULOUSLY on your journeys. Stay the course!

Submit "Officially no longer overweight!!!!" to Digg Submit "Officially no longer overweight!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Officially no longer overweight!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Officially no longer overweight!!!!" to Google

Comments

Congrats to you! You look fabulous!!!!! Keep posting because it sure inspires us newbies to stick with the plan!
    As of still hating BMI charts lol!

Loving your dress!

Here is to continued wonderful and inspiring moments throughout our WLS journey!

Hugs!
    Congratulations Christie!! Well done. My goal is to lose another 1.5 of the current you!
    Congrats! You look fantastic!

I've given up going by the BMI charts. I know when I'm healthy by how I feel more than anything! I'm still overweight by the charts, but I feel better than I've ever been in my life. I'll take that over a number any day!

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Christie you are a ROCK STAR!!! Your journey is so inspiring and you look fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing with all of us. I can't wait to be where are you now. Yay!!!!!!!!
    Congrats Christie! That must be so exciting. You hit your goal so quickly. I have 8 more pounds till I get out of the overweight classification and I can't wait. Like you said it is just a number but it will feel so good to be able to say I am in the normal weight classification for my height. I have to admit I am 8 pounds away but I still feel very overweight for my height, but I think those 8 pounds will make a big difference in how I feel.
    Congratulations Christie! That dress fits you like a glove. I'm trying to imagine what it must feel like to be considered a normal weight. You must feel like you're floating on air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothsidesnow2017
    Congrats to you! You look fabulous!!!!! Keep posting because it sure inspires us newbies to stick with the plan!
    Thanks so much. I swear I heard Ray Orbison singing Pretty Woman as I was walking down the hallway. LOL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    As of still hating BMI charts lol!

Loving your dress!

Here is to continued wonderful and inspiring moments throughout our WLS journey!

Hugs!
    Thank you Shirl!! I agree they are sooooo dumb. I swear that they are so generic they really are irrelevant. I can say that my friends husband was told by his PCP that his weight puts him in the obese category of BMI. If you see him, he is completely buff and not fat at all. Flat belly. Muscular arms and legs. A freaking PCP should be able to look at him and see that the BMI is nothing but BS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1969
    Congratulations Christie!! Well done. My goal is to lose another 1.5 of the current you!
    And you will do it!! I have full faith that you are going to be hitting that goal Tommy!! I can say that while it hasn't always been easy...it has always been worth it. All the sacrifice, exercise, and changes in my bad habits. I was highly addicted to diet dr. pepper. I took a sip several months post op after I stopped drinking it since surgery. It was absolutely disgusting. I can not believe I ever liked that crap. I do not miss it at all and not even regular soda. I feel so much better and I seriously think the aspartame in that crap was doing a lot of crap to my skin and brain as well. I feel a million times healthier!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Congrats! You look fantastic!

I've given up going by the BMI charts. I know when I'm healthy by how I feel more than anything! I'm still overweight by the charts, but I feel better than I've ever been in my life. I'll take that over a number any day!

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Thanks Jen! And I absolutely agree!! I think they need to eliminate that stupid chart all together. There are so many variables that come into play that it really is a ridiculous measure!! UGH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Christie you are a ROCK STAR!!! Your journey is so inspiring and you look fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing with all of us. I can't wait to be where are you now. Yay!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Gigi!! You are going to be here before you know it. I remember reading posts and being eager to be on the post op side but I was so very thankful for all the valuable information that I learned on the pre op side from so many wonderful people on here!! This place is so great because no one truly understands it like fellow sleevers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trastan
    Congrats Christie! That must be so exciting. You hit your goal so quickly. I have 8 more pounds till I get out of the overweight classification and I can't wait. Like you said it is just a number but it will feel so good to be able to say I am in the normal weight classification for my height. I have to admit I am 8 pounds away but I still feel very overweight for my height, but I think those 8 pounds will make a big difference in how I feel.
    I actually feel like I am a little on the skinny side when I see myself nude. I think because when I grab my butt and thighs I can see how much is skin versus meat. You are short, too, right Trastan? I am 4'11".
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda51
    Congratulations Christie! That dress fits you like a glove. I'm trying to imagine what it must feel like to be considered a normal weight. You must feel like you're floating on air.
    I do!! I know it is so dumb, like I said but it feels like such a huge milestone. I don't remember the last time I was "normal" BMI. I would say before having my son who turned 19 in January. I really need to focus more on toning and less on cardio now. Although it looks great in clothes when I grab at my butt and legs it is definitely all "empty" so I need to fix that. New life goals.
    That is awesome Christie. It could not happen to a more deserving, nicer person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle_mom
    That is awesome Christie. It could not happen to a more deserving, nicer person.
    Awwww! Thank you so much!