Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

GigiUSA

T minus 41 Days (AND COUNTING....)

Rate this Entry
Well.... as my surgery date approaches, I have been forced to take a hard look in the mirror. The latest "Ah-ha" moment for me today was putting on a skirt for work and literally stuffing myself into it. Then I put on my button up shirt and there were gaps. I feel uncomfortable and blahhhhhhhhh. My bubbly personality still tries to escape this obese body I have imprisoned myself in. It is just terrible and sad that I have let myself get to this point. I am so sick of being the "fat" girl I did not used to always be heavy and over the years, and eating my emotions... here I am.

I am so glad that I have made the decision to have the sleeve surgery. I wish I would have it sooner than July but we have flights, hotels, surgery paid for so here we go! I get so much encouragement from reading the journeys that other Sleevers are going through. I have started a notebook so that I can print out the useful information that I am gaining from all of you. It has literally been a lifeline for me and I thank you all so much. I am going to try to find a therapist to work out my emotional eating issues. I have tried to find someone in the past with no success. I have ordered some of the books that others here have suggested and will do all that I can do to get this under control. I want to live my best life. Sitting here today in this tight, uncomfortable skirt/shirt, just reconfirms my commitment to my decision.

T minus 41 days over and OUT

Submit "T minus 41 Days (AND COUNTING....)" to Digg Submit "T minus 41 Days (AND COUNTING....)" to del.icio.us Submit "T minus 41 Days (AND COUNTING....)" to StumbleUpon Submit "T minus 41 Days (AND COUNTING....)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's going to be here before you know it. I never in a million years thought I would be wearing size 12 jeans and here I am 6 months out. I used to wear a size 24/26 and they were tighttttt! The clothes start to fit better. All the bulges go away.It's the best! There will be days when the scale does not move but keep pushing and do not let it get to you. It is easier said than done but it goes when it wants. I'm very happy with my results this far and I really do wish that I could have done it earlier. Take as many pictures as you can. I never used to take pictures with my children and now I'm so happy I get to. Wishing you the very best of luck on your new journey.
    Gigi, you will be so amazed at how quickly you will change. Hold on until your day and just start prepping yourself now for what is to come. Start walking and doing other exercises to get your head in the right spot. Remember, you are never alone in this journey.
    Thank you so much, both of you!!! It is a nice day here. When I get off work I am going to go home and take my dog for a walk. Come on July 3rd!!!!!!!!
    I felt the same way. I looked at pictures of myself and cringed. Now I look at myself and am amazed at the new me. I feel young again. I can also say that I was very, very scared that this surgery was not going to work for me....but it totally did and I am soooo thankful I did it. Just regret waiting so long. Wasted years. (My sister did it 5 years before me.) You are going to see that the sleeve, while not a magic bullet, does make it easier. You still have to work but I can tell you that it has made it a lot easier for me to resist junk food. I do not crave the crap like I used to.
    Thank you Christie!! (Hugs) you look fantastic ❤️
    Before you know it that body will be a distant memory! I'm 3 years out and it's still the best thing I ever did for myself. I lost a total of 110 lbs. went down from a size 22 to a 6 but now I consistently stay at an 8. My body just likes being an 8. I like the 6 better but I have to work hard to stay there. I know exactly what you mean about your personality trapped in a fat body. I felt the same but not anymore. I love feeling like my outside matches my inside and you will too. Good luck!
    Thank you Lisa!!! I appreciate your support ❤️ And can't wait to get back into some of my old size 8 clothes. I saved some and will keep trying them on post-op for encouragement. (Hugs)
    I dont know how to start a blog but i will jump in and try , i have been fluffy most of my life never thin i say fluffy cause my nephew used to tell that to my mom when he was little he would say your not fat grandma your fluffy ,that sound better to me . In my thoughts i see this skinny women but then i see myself in the mirror and totally hate me, My husband says im hot and sexy to him but i dont feel that way and he dont understand that so i have to be loving myself before i can except what he is saying to me ,he doesnt undertand that ,i just want to feel better and i know once i have the surgery this tool to help me with my weightloss i know i will love myself ,it will be easier to workout , walk climb in and out of my big truck ,oh im a truck driver by the way i do bottom dumps .
    I CANT WAIT FOR MY SURGERY
    The 41 days will be over before you know it .. I was over a 40 day mark and I am down to 12 days now ... OMG its crazy. I am excited for you and I both Good luck with yours!!
    Yay we are well on our way Blinky31 and Memorywander!!!! .... Counting the days (hugs)
    I get that. I knew I was heavy but lordy - someone posted this old picture of me on FB a few months ago and I was like AGHHH take that down lol https://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/...chmentid=26781

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I felt the same way. I looked at pictures of myself and cringed. Now I look at myself and am amazed at the new me. I feel young again. I can also say that I was very, very scared that this surgery was not going to work for me....but it totally did and I am soooo thankful I did it. Just regret waiting so long. Wasted years. (My sister did it 5 years before me.) You are going to see that the sleeve, while not a magic bullet, does make it easier. You still have to work but I can tell you that it has made it a lot easier for me to resist junk food. I do not crave the crap like I used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by azladyrider
    I get that. I knew I was heavy but lordy - someone posted this old picture of me on FB a few months ago and I was like AGHHH take that down lol https://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/...chmentid=26781
    Yes. I am seeing old pictures and thinking....holy crap. I was even fatter than I realized. Although I did start out at 41.6 BMI so I really should have known. LOL. Rose colored glasses I guess?! (And my before pics on my profile were 3 days post op and I had already lost 20 lbs during the pre op process.)
    An "aha" moment for me was weeding out my closet of the fat clothes. I tried on a pair of pants that were my go-to pants--always fit even at my biggest. I almost started to cry that I wore those pants and thought I was ok in them. I still have a ways to go, but, man, what a difference
    im excited but for some reason i cant see myself coming home after the surgery im afraid to look at things to buy or even think about things im going to do
    Quote Originally Posted by blinky31
    im excited but for some reason i cant see myself coming home after the surgery im afraid to look at things to buy or even think about things im going to do
    It is normal to be afraid but only you can make the decision if the surgery is right for you. Honestly, I was more excited then nervous right before surgery. I think the nerves actually hit me when they started the anesthesia drip.
    ive had surgery before im not scared of that i think its being out of the country and my husband not liking it i think so not sure , thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinky31
    ive had surgery before im not scared of that i think its being out of the country and my husband not liking it i think so not sure , thank you.
    Is he not liking the idea of you getting the sleeve? My husband did not think I needed to get sleeved. He said I was perfect the way I was and he meant it. (Love is crazy like that . LOL.) The funny thing is that now he sees how much better I really look and while I don't know that he will ever say he is glad I got the sleeve, I know he is. The other day I was joking about how he "bought" this and referred to my wedding rings. Then he joked back that he paid for twice as much as what he has now. It is normal for our husbands to be worried about us. To them it is superficial for us to get the surgery and they are not realizing all the havoc that obesity is causing on our health...especially long term. I can understand the being out of country part. I lived in Italy (I am from there. My mother was Italian.) and I had gone to Croatia to get my deformity from the my C-sections fixed. It was a little scary but the staff was professional and took great care of me and the facility was very clean. I can say a lot of people on here have had fabulous experiences in Mexico.
    My husband has expressed some concerns too but I know in my heart of hearts I am doing the right thing for me.
    Yep most of my friends all said "Oh you were never that heavy" and all I had to do was pull up old pics that they actually knew me as looking and they were like damn I guess you were chunky lol I always had to remind them that they rarely saw me with my shirt tucked in or with form fitting clothing on. I hid how large I truly was - or maybe I didn't - either way I know I look better now than before

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Yes. I am seeing old pictures and thinking....holy crap. I was even fatter than I realized. Although I did start out at 41.6 BMI so I really should have known. LOL. Rose colored glasses I guess?! (And my before pics on my profile were 3 days post op and I had already lost 20 lbs during the pre op process.)
    Quote Originally Posted by azladyrider
    Yep most of my friends all said "Oh you were never that heavy" and all I had to do was pull up old pics that they actually knew me as looking and they were like damn I guess you were chunky lol I always had to remind them that they rarely saw me with my shirt tucked in or with form fitting clothing on. I hid how large I truly was - or maybe I didn't - either way I know I look better now than before
    I also think sometimes people try to stroke our ego to be nice. And then when we put it in their face and they can't deny it. But hey, I guess that is a good thing that people want to be nice instead of the ones who are all negative!!