Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

28 Weeks?!?!?!-Old Man Booty-Some Friendships Last Forever-

Rate this Entry
OMG!!! Where has the time gone? Today I am 28 weeks post op. It really flew by. Sitting here in my room all happy and healthy. Sometimes when people call me tiny I think...who are they talking about? Then I realize I am tiny. I haven't been tiny in forever yet here I am....tiny. I look thin. I know I am still technically 3 pounds from being out of the "overweight" BMI but I am calling BS on that one. I don't look one bit overweight. I have to double take almost every time that I catch my reflection. The bathroom at work has a full length mirror near the paper towels. As I dry my hands I am always inspecting myself. Nope....not overweight. Not one bit. I look freaking FABULOUS and I am owning that!!!

Gah....I am having another friend from HS come into town on Friday. It was a last minute trip because she is big into cross fit and her brother is a judge for some big cross fit competition here in town. So we are going to meet up and also with another friend of ours from HS who also lives in town. I have not seen my friend who is coming in since 2013 when I went to visit her in Orlando. So excited to see her. We have known each other since we were 12. (Trust me...that was a long time ago! I'll be 44 in September.) So it is going to be a fantastic weekend.

We also have plans with 2 other couples to do an Escape Room on Saturday night. It is our first time (for everyone in the group) and we are pretty excited to be trying it out. I have heard so many good things. My son has done it several times since he has been in California. And my BIL and SIL have done it a few times with their group of friends. Hopefully we can "escape" so we will have bragging rights!

I have been at 126 for about 8 days now I think. I am ok with that. Not really worried about it coming off because I know it will. If I have learned nothing else during this process I have definitely learned to trust my sleeve and to trust my intuition, listen to my body, and relax and it will happen. I think in 6 1/2 months since having my sleeve surgery I have not done bad at all with working my sleeve and living life as a sleeved person.

So do I have any new goals to set? Yup. Going to try to tone up as much as possible with strength training. My booty is looking flat. Kind of reminds me of the Sex in the City episode where Samantha is in a relationship with an old man. She goes on about how "old men kiss the same, feel the same in the dark....until they get up and walk across the room and you see that saggy old man ass." LOL. Catching a glimpse of my ass I recognized it as soon as I saw it....only I am tan and a hell of a lot younger than he was.

Have a great day everyone!!! Keep on sleevin' on!!! Still no regrets and don't think I will ever have any. Loving my sleeved life.

Submit "28 Weeks?!?!?!-Old Man Booty-Some Friendships Last Forever-" to Digg Submit "28 Weeks?!?!?!-Old Man Booty-Some Friendships Last Forever-" to del.icio.us Submit "28 Weeks?!?!?!-Old Man Booty-Some Friendships Last Forever-" to StumbleUpon Submit "28 Weeks?!?!?!-Old Man Booty-Some Friendships Last Forever-" to Google

Comments

haha! Old man booty....hilarious!

Great Job Christie! I hope you have an amazing weekend with your friend.

I can say it enough that you are a positive influence for so many folks on this forum.

You deserve the success that you are achieving!

GO COWBOYS!!

Regards,

Tommy
    Great work Christie, continued success!
    Great work! I've lost 82 pounds in just over 6 months. I noticed that my butt was kind of flat but it's not really flat but smaller than I expected. My dietitian told me not to worry about it. I can do squats and other exercises to build it up. You look great!
    great stuff well done !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1969
    haha! Old man booty....hilarious!

Great Job Christie! I hope you have an amazing weekend with your friend.

I can say it enough that you are a positive influence for so many folks on this forum.

You deserve the success that you are achieving!

GO COWBOYS!!

Regards,

Tommy
    Thanks Tommy. I love my sleeve and love supporting others through this process. It's so great to be given this new lease on a healthy life.
    You're doing great as well. You have come a long way and while it seems daunting initially, the closer you get to goal the easier it seems. You'll look back and be amazed at what you did. Best wishes to you and your wifey. I'm sure she's loving the changes in you!!

How 'bout them Cowboys! Looks like we should have a great year!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    Great work Christie, continued success!
    Thank you. I'm so pleased with my journey as I definitely had some doubts this would work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv28
    Great work! I've lost 82 pounds in just over 6 months. I noticed that my butt was kind of flat but it's not really flat but smaller than I expected. My dietitian told me not to worry about it. I can do squats and other exercises to build it up. You look great!
    I was surprised at how much of my butt is empty skin. I realized it when I grabbed it. My daughter finds it hilarious because my family is known for our bubble butts. Even the boys have them. My son, brother, nephews all have them. It's from my mom's side of the family. The area I come from in Italy is filled with bubble butts or "culetti mandolini"! So having empty rear fun bags is foreign to me. Definitely time to squat my booty back to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by keoster1
    great stuff well done !!
    Thank you. On this journey you have to embrace the victories and laugh at the small things!
    I'm only halfway to goal, but my butt is ALREADY deflating. I think I'll start doing squats and glute exercises NOW; I would my my butt too much if it went away entirely.

GREAT work Christie! You are KICKIN" BUTT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    I'm only halfway to goal, but my butt is ALREADY deflating. I think I'll start doing squats and glute exercises NOW; I would my my butt too much if it went away entirely.

GREAT work Christie! You are KICKIN" BUTT!
    Trust me....I miss mine, too. I used to have such a round one. The good news is that squats can totally get that booty looking great!