Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

GigiUSA

T minus 47 Days

Rate this Entry
Ok.... I am embarrassed to say it, but I am not doing wonderful pre-pre-pre-surgery prepping. I had these grandiose plans to get a head of the game and start drinking my waters, exercising, cutting out sugars and carbs and sticking instead to protein shakes with lean meats and veggies. Anyone that has seen me on the site might know that I just had my 4th granddaughter and I was actually in the delivery room. I work fulltime and in between, I have been trying to help my daughter and son-in-law all that I can. Well... little snack here and then little treat there. It has to stop. I am so encouraged when I am on the site and see how well everyone is doing. I feel so encouraged when I read about others success and strength to push through the stalls, and make it through the first few days/weeks.

I just feel like I need to look myself in the face and say, "Get with it girl!" It is just always something right?!? I have not had time to shop so have been just grab and go for the last week. Still, there is never a good time. I am 47 days away from surgery and am required to do the pre-op liquid diet for 5 days. Still, if I want the very best outcome possible and really want to commit to this process I have to believe in myself and kick myself in the butt and do it. I have definitely increased my level of activity LOL

I am just venting and honestly this forum has really been a lifeline for me to have an outlet as I get ready for my sleeve surgery. And afterwards as well I am sure.

Thank you all. T minus 47 days... over and out! xo

Submit "T minus 47 Days" to Digg Submit "T minus 47 Days" to del.icio.us Submit "T minus 47 Days" to StumbleUpon Submit "T minus 47 Days" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck to you...

By the way, I'm not ashamed to admit that I actually gained 25 pounds between the time of my initial consultation (October 2014) and the start of my pre-op diet (April 2015). I had major food funerals that entailed eating all my favorite foods "one last time" before saying goodbye.

Looking back, I now regret the food funerals because it took me that much longer to lose the 25-pound gain in addition to the rest of my weight. However, it is now water under the bridge. I live a healthier lifestyle today and no longer crave food compulsively.
    Thank you! That really does help me. Food funerals is a perfect description. I am just going to keep trying!
    I did my pre op half heartedly except for the 3 days full liquid pre op. That is the only time that I actually stuck to it 100%. But I can tell you that post op it is a lot easier to eat healthy as you don't really crave it much. Also, post op you realize that you need to feed your body nutritiously!
    Concentrate on your water. Eat what you want. The food part will be taken care of after surgery. Maybe not the best advice, but honest. LOL!
    I'm 63 days out. Food funerals, absolutely. I'm close to the 35 BMI so I can't lose too much before my last nutritionist appt. but after that I'm psyched to lose as much as possible before the surgery but I'm not doing a liquid diet until I have to. I'm lifting weights 3x a week and trying to get 20 to 30 minutes of cardio a day. This site is so helpful!! I wish I could better control my portion sizes. It seems the more I work out the more I want to eat.
    Try to just enjoy what your having now, the surgery will take care of everything else. yes, you have to get on board the pre-diet for the surgery, but even then it was not the end of the world when I ate or drank what I should not have. The surgery will take care of everything and I miss those days! I'm almost 3 years out and now I have to diet and exercise like a mad woman to keep the weight off. Try to balance your mind, there really was never a food funeral, you will eat everything and anything after the surgery but it will be in phases and very small
    amounts, never feeling full or deprived. You are going to love the new you.
    welcome to 50, me too. Great time to punch menopause in the nose!
    Yes!!!!! Thank you Jennifer