Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Pharoah21

Nauseous

Rate this Entry
I'm a month after surgery. My Dr cleared me to eat what i want but lately almost every thing makes me nauseous. Does anyone have any solutions or went through eh same issue?

Submit "Nauseous" to Digg Submit "Nauseous" to del.icio.us Submit "Nauseous" to StumbleUpon Submit "Nauseous" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Make sure you're not having acid reflux and take something for the excess acid just preventively. Call the surgeon and tell them as they might prescribe something. Many times the acid is mistaken for hunger, nausea, etc. Give yourself time and take the stages slowly. Good luck!
    Eat very small amounts. Eat slowly. Give yourself time to know when you full. I only feel nauseous if I eat too fast or too much. If you are concerned it is actual foods keep a log of what you are eating and how you feel afterwards. Some people have issues with certain foods. I never did.
    I eat pretty slow but, like you said it could be the food too. Thanks for the advice
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah21
    I eat pretty slow but, like you said it could be the food too. Thanks for the advice
    Any time. Everyone reacts differently to their sleeve. Some people have to give up certain foods for a while.
    I was never nauseous, never threw up. But my doctor did give me a "preventative" prescription for acid reflux for that first month. Maybe that's why I felt fine.
    DEFINITELY take a minimum of a 4 week course of Omeprazole (I take 20 mg daily, though a lot of surgeons say 20mg 2x daily). Also, try waiting a full minute between bites. Seriously. no joke, it fixed my nausea.
    I had a similar problem in the first 6 weeks. Foods i used to love would make me sick to my stomach. Just take your time and take the Omeprozole if you have it. Chew slowly and eat what works for you. As you heal you will be able to tolerate different foods. Everyone is different. Take your time and everything will start to get better.