Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Chelle1982

Pre op diet

Rate this Entry
Ok so I was originally placed on a 10 day liquid diet, my stomach could not handle that much liquid and my sugar started dropping, so wilh 7 days left they told me I could eat one to two times a day just to be smart about my choices, like high protein and low fat.... I have done that but today I broke and ate a small slice of pizza 😞 ... I still have 4 days til surgery and 48 before is all clear liquids .... I'm terrified that something is gonna go wrong !! Please someone give me some positive feedback !! I know I broke it and that if I can't take this how will I adapt post surgery, I get that and trust me I am so disappointed in myself ! Did anyone else go through this ??

Submit "Pre op diet" to Digg Submit "Pre op diet" to del.icio.us Submit "Pre op diet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pre op diet" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It is easier post op due to the actual sleeve. So chin up. I was on 1 meal (lean protein and veggies) and shakes for 6 days and then liquid for 3. I actually just ate small versions of what I would miss post op. I did do the full 3 days of liquid, though. My surgeon said it is better to not have any food left in the stomach that might get into the incision and cause an infection. I took it very seriously. But I will say that some surgeons don't require a pre op at all so....makes you wonder what really will and will not affect you during surgery. Obviously some things make it safer. So I did hang strong for those 3 days. Good luck!
    You will be fine. One slice, no problem. Keep it clean here on out and good luck!
    Hang in there Chelle!!!! You got this. I am pre-op too and am praying that it all comes together post-op. It's a process and I am learning from all the others that have been before me. Please keep us posted after your surgery. Sending you high fives and cheers... YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
    thank you so much !!
    Tomorrow starts my 48 clear liquids !! I will update you guys as soon as I am able !! Thank you all for being here and not being judgmental
    Hi keep positive I did it for 5 whole day only protein drinks and lots of water I felt like I was gonna die specially being around so much temptation but I did it never in a million year I would think about not eating for five days. But I guess because my doctor to told what could happen if I eat days before surgery I got scare and follow all there rules ... you can do this
    your fine, my doc let me have a small meal and a glass of wine the night before and my surgery was A+. Just do the best you can, they understand and see it all.
    Well it looks like you should have made it to surgery! I didn't read this post on time but I did however want to say I am sure you did great for the rest of the time! AND good luck with surgery, I hope you do wonderfully.
    no bother to you chelle , your nearly there now , its the best thing I ever done , don't be worrying ur gonna be in dreamland beyond the surgery I got mine 7 weeks ago and since pre op I have over 80 ibs off !!!
    Just wanted everyone to know that I had my surgery yesterday and everything went great !! Gas pain is a little bad but other than that I feel pretty darn good !! Thank you all !!
    that's great , good to here that chelle , you may feel sickly for 3 or 4 days but then ur gonna love what comes next !!