Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Friendship-Life After Sleeve-Mother's Day

Rate this Entry
Happy Mother's Day!! It has been an amazing journey. My first Mother's Day in a very long time as a normal sized person. It is such a great feeling. Today I got up and we went and did our Sunday routine of my Starbucks and then groceries. My in laws had given me several beautiful flower plants for Mother's Day when we got together yesterday and celebrated. So after coming home I replanted all my flowers into my flower pots. I have not done that in years but since I cleaned out my garage last weekend I knew exactly where my beautiful pots were. I also had picked up a rosemary plant at the grocery store today and planted it in the yard. Growing up we always had rosemary plants in the yard and this is the first time I have not had one. I hope it will grow ok here in the hot San Antonio sun.

Friday night got together with my best friend who lives on the other side of town and one of our friends from when we first met in Japan. He was in town on a work trip. So we all went out to dinner and then out for a few drinks. It was such a great time. My hubby took a picture of the 3 of us and I was so pleased with how thin and healthy I looked. It was such a fun night. So glad to be able to enjoy capturing memories without deleting all the pictures of myself. Yay! That is a victory!

So Friday night when I got home I took my dogs out to potty. It was a little cooler...and as I was standing outside on my steps one of my Mother's rings (I have 4 rings with each of my kids names on a ring) fell off my finger and fell perfectly into the crack on the steps. I was so sad. So today my husband had to pry the step up (which was not an easy thing to do) so we could get my ring out. Guess I am going to have to put those clear sizers on when I wear them. So glad we were able to retrieve it. If not, he would have had to order me another one. And they were not cheap because they are hand crafted. He had bought them for me for Christmas and they are absolutely gorgeous. Although at Christmas they were a bit tight since he went by my wedding band size but your dominant hand fingers are always bigger. I am attaching a picture from when I first got them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mother's rings.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	26748

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Submit "Friendship-Life After Sleeve-Mother's Day" to Digg Submit "Friendship-Life After Sleeve-Mother's Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Friendship-Life After Sleeve-Mother's Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friendship-Life After Sleeve-Mother's Day" to Google

Comments

Happy Mother's Day!

Sounds like it's time to resize those rings! I finally resized my wedding and engagement ring and it felt like such a big moment: https://downthescale.com/2016/01/06/...e-commitments/

Those NSV are awesome!
    Beautiful rings! Happy Mother's Day to you.
    I have a 60 year old heirloom platinum 5 carat ring that was my grandmothers - I was so afraid of losing it too but I'm a bit paranoid about leaving it anyplace and hate being without it (I promised my grandmother I would never take them off) luckily I was at a local swap meet and there was a guy there that did sizing on the spot in front of the customers. Done in 20 minutes
    Good show! On all those things.

I FINALLY a few weeks ago had my rings resized. I'd been using ring guards on them, but realized at nearly 3 years post-op and maintaining well that it was time to acknowledge my "stability" (yes, it's never really "done, but hey!) and get my rings sized. Now wearing my wedding rings again without guards.

P.S. azladyrider -- FIVE CARATS! Geez, girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Happy Mother's Day!

Sounds like it's time to resize those rings! I finally resized my wedding and engagement ring and it felt like such a big moment: https://downthescale.com/2016/01/06/...e-commitments/

Those NSV are awesome!
    I think I am nervous as well. I do not want to leave my rings and also want to make sure I am maintaining before I chop up my rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Beautiful rings! Happy Mother's Day to you.
    Right back at ya! I love my rings, too!! I had seen them advertised on Facebook (Lisa Leonard designs) and absolutely loved them. I shared them so my hubby would know and he picked that clue right up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by azladyrider
    I have a 60 year old heirloom platinum 5 carat ring that was my grandmothers - I was so afraid of losing it too but I'm a bit paranoid about leaving it anyplace and hate being without it (I promised my grandmother I would never take them off) luckily I was at a local swap meet and there was a guy there that did sizing on the spot in front of the customers. Done in 20 minutes
    I hear ya. I am needing my wedding band and engagement ring resized but I just can't bear to leave them with someone. Same reason that my rings are not soldered. When I lived in Italy I used to bring stuff to my friend's uncle who owned a jewelry store and he would do it right in front of me. Maybe when I go to Italy this summer I will pay him a visit for my rings to be resized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Good show! On all those things.

I FINALLY a few weeks ago had my rings resized. I'd been using ring guards on them, but realized at nearly 3 years post-op and maintaining well that it was time to acknowledge my "stability" (yes, it's never really "done, but hey!) and get my rings sized. Now wearing my wedding rings again without guards.

P.S. azladyrider -- FIVE CARATS! Geez, girl!
    Yes....I am wanting to be well into maintenance before I resize. Isn't it hard for us to realize that we are successful? I was soooo worried that this surgery would not work for me but here I am thoroughly enjoying my sleeve!