Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Update from the sleep doc

Rate this Entry
I went to get my results from the sleep study- instead of waiting for a doctor, I was able to see a nurse practitioner months earlier. She reviewed my results-- I have mild obstructive sleep apnea, which she said meant that I stopped breathing less than 15 times per hour. (I actually stop a little over 10/hour). Moderate would be 15-30, and severe would be 30+. She asked more questions and ultimately recommended that I wear a CPAP machine. I know it will be rough to wear it, but I'm so excited to try it-- I'd LOVE to wake up from sleep feeling rested. I feel like things have spiraled downhill since a car crash about 2 years ago-- and I've put on weight that I haven't been able to take off-- and I feel like I've been more tired (I'm thinking that perhaps due to the sleep apnea). Thursday is my day to pick up my device. I'll be bringing my 2-year-old because our babysitter just cancelled, but I think it'll be fine- I'm not going to worry about getting a replacement sitter for something like this.

I'm wondering how soon after I start using the CPAP I might start feeling rested. I asked my NP and she said immediately, as soon as I get used to the machine- but it seems too good to be true.

Not much else is going on besides waiting for the CPAP. I still need to schedule bloodwork at Quest-- I can schedule appointments online so I'll do that now.

AND..... Done. Scheduled for 8:30 tomorrow morning. It's so nice being able to do things online!

Submit "Update from the sleep doc" to Digg Submit "Update from the sleep doc" to del.icio.us Submit "Update from the sleep doc" to StumbleUpon Submit "Update from the sleep doc" to Google

Tags: pre op test Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You are cruising right along. So did you use your CPAP machine last night? How was it? Did you sleep better?