Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ghstbstrgrl

My Obsession

Rate this Entry
My obsession has become a piece of glass and metal spitting out numbers.
Everyday hoping those numbers will change.
Declining is the goal but increasing is the fear.
Morning, noon, and night the thoughts are never ending.
The changes are never seen.
In the mirror the reflection looks the same.
Others see things that I do not.
Constantly living in my head.
I never feel good enough.

Submit "My Obsession" to Digg Submit "My Obsession" to del.icio.us Submit "My Obsession" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Obsession" to Google

Comments

Wow, beautifully said. That is exactly how I feel. Stuck in that stall and obsessing about it. Others try and be encouraging and say how they notice a big difference and I do not see it. I can't sleep because all I want to do is get up and check that scale to see if my stall has finally broke. Living in my head like you said! I need to find a way to get it out of my head so I actually start living again and not letting time pass by because all I focus on is those dam numbers!
    You should add writing to your resume. I think you just expressed everyone's mind set. I keep asking myself what can I change to make those numbers fall. I wake up thinking OK... today's the day, and when it's not I think about it all day. People have lost so much more than me. I had surgery on 2/16/17 and I am down only 26 pounds. So Girl.... you are not alone. If anything... know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMarie65
    You should add writing to your resume. I think you just expressed everyone's mind set. I keep asking myself what can I change to make those numbers fall. I wake up thinking OK... today's the day, and when it's not I think about it all day. People have lost so much more than me. I had surgery on 2/16/17 and I am down only 26 pounds. So Girl.... you are not alone. If anything... know that.

Thanks, I've been writing since I was a kid. Always helps to get out my feelings that way. It's hard because I feel like no-one that I know can relate to what I'm going through, because they haven't gone through it. I have people that try to be supportive, but they don't get how I actually feel and why I do the things that I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trastan
    Wow, beautifully said. That is exactly how I feel. Stuck in that stall and obsessing about it. Others try and be encouraging and say how they notice a big difference and I do not see it. I can't sleep because all I want to do is get up and check that scale to see if my stall has finally broke. Living in my head like you said! I need to find a way to get it out of my head so I actually start living again and not letting time pass by because all I focus on is those dam numbers!

Thank you. I know right, stupid numbers, damn stalls lol can't seem to get passed that obsession. The worse days are the ones that I think I am going to be this weight forever, or gain weight because I'm not losing.
    I think you spoke for most people on this journey. Hope you are taking progress pictures every 2 weeks. When you can compare them you can see what others see. Good luck hon.
    Throughout my journey I only weighed myself once a month, typically a week after my period. I will never be a daily or weekly weigher because the process of stepping on the scale creates too much anxiety for me.
    You can always toss your scale, or give it to a friend. Just like a crack addict or alcoholic, you need to stop indulging in your obsession or you will never feel good about yourself. Just like I did with alcohol and cigarettes. Just like I do with carbs when I need to drop some pounds. Get rid of the scale!!!!! i don't even own a scale, but still managed to lose 100lbs without the mental anguish you are obviously going through. Just follow your plan, work on developing a healthy lifestyle and forget about the stupid numbers
    Wow, perfect
    THANK YOU. I adore this piece. And yeah our friends TRY to be supportive and understanding but, as you say, having not gone through it themselves they can't really comprehend the way our brains spin out sometimes over numbers. That's what WE'RE here for! :-)

Keep writing, and keep sharing! (incoming friend request in 3... 2....1)