Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

R0sali8

And so it begins....

Rate this Entry
I have an appointment to meet with my surgeon for the first time on Tuesday and I'm a little nervous. I met with a nutritionist before the New Year and maybe once into the New Year and I was/am supposed to be following a 1200 calorie diet to get prepared for life post sleeve surgery. I so far have only managed this maybe once or twice a week. I followed it strictly for one week and lost 8lbs but managed to put it back on again in the ensuing weeks up to now. I'm nervous that he's going to tell me off or find that I'm unsuitable for the surgery. I do think that having an actual date to look towards will definitely help in my motivation to lose weight and exercise more pre surgery. I was super active last week as I was on a exchange trip with a bunch of high school students. The first activity of our trip was a hiking trip. Little did I know that it involved 8kms up a small mountain and back again. I managed 3 1/2 kms up the hill with lots of gasping for air until I reached the first hut and then I stayed there until I had to walk back again. So, 7kms in total that day and my fitbit registered 49 flights of stairs. It went on much like that for the rest of the week, go, go, go. I figured that I'd keep the momentum from that trip going by heading out for a quick 3km walk on Monday night but man, was it ever hard! It was the hardest walk I've ever been on in my life. My legs just weren't cooperating lol so longest 3kms ever. I'm known around town as being a very fast walker but I've slowed down considerably since putting on this extra weight. I talked with my husband about his concerns over the surgery and they are mostly health related i.e. he just wants me to be safe. I've also talked with various family members who are generally supportive but my mom is very worried and would rather I didn't go through with it. I have at least a handful of people around that I've been able to talk to about the surgery and not one of them regret having it. My goal isn't to be skinny. I'd just like to be slimmer and stronger and farther away from things like heart disease and diabetes.

Submit "And so it begins...." to Digg Submit "And so it begins...." to del.icio.us Submit "And so it begins...." to StumbleUpon Submit "And so it begins...." to Google

Comments

It is definitely easier to follow a low cal diet post op. I was lucky because I went through insurance and my goal was not to lose much before approval since I could not get under 40 BMI. So I could not lose more than 10 lbs in the 6 1/2 months of going through the process. (But I could not gain either.) Hopefully things go well with your surgeon. Good luck!