Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

GigiUSA

T minus 55 Days and counting down.....

Rate this Entry
OMG, I am getting excited!!! Yesterday, I told my boss that I would be out the rest of the week after the 4th and then I told him why, confidentially. I consider him a friend as well as a boss and felt comfortable sharing my plans. We have an incredible management team. There are just a few of us and after surgery I will fill the others in. It will help with dinners, meetings.... I know I will have everyone's full support. I just don't want to talk about it up to surgery time.

Let's talk surgery prep. I am already down 5-lbs and feeling so much better. I am starting to try different ways to flavor my water to get it in. So far, MIO Vitamins Orange Vanilla flavor is my favorite. I have also discovered OIKOS Triple Zero yogurt. 15g of protein and the chocolate flavor is the BOMB!!!!

I am getting ready to welcome my 4th grandchild into the world this week. Just additional motivation to be successful in my new, healthier body.

Keep up the good work Sleevers! You guys ROCK!!!!!

T minus 55 days "OUT" for now!

Submit "T minus 55 Days and counting down....." to Digg Submit "T minus 55 Days and counting down....." to del.icio.us Submit "T minus 55 Days and counting down....." to StumbleUpon Submit "T minus 55 Days and counting down....." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Enjoy your new life after the sleeve.......AMAZING!!!!!!
    I can't wait Melissa888 Thank you!!
    Yes!! Oikos is amazing. Still a regular part of my diet 6 months post op. That is awesome that you feel comfortable sharing with your coworkers. I personally only told my one work friend who is also a close friend out of work. Then I told 3 other friends and close family. I have seen a lot of posts about people who were less than supportive and wanted to ensure I stacked my deck the right way. Also, when people know you have the surgery you get the "you look too skinny" comments that people generally won't say if they don't know about the surgery.
    I honestly think I will have no issues shutting down a conversation I am not comfortable with concerning my weight after surgery... No matter who it is. I've waited too long to actually have and do something for myself. I think if the conversation of my weight comes up I will have to say this topic is off limits. I have a couple of really good friends that I am going to write and send a letter. I want them to understand how much this means to me. I want them to know that our friendship the way it is now will change... and I want to be honest. If a choice has to be made, I choose myself and my health. Everyone has those friends who say, "You look great, you can have just one piece of cake" Or... "Come on, just have a glass of wine" as they pressure you into one more... It's well meaning by them but threatens my progress. I won't go there... Not anymore.
    That is a great attitude! I agree. I feel like with this surgery and taking back my life for once I put me first and I have no regrets for having done it. It was finally time to stop worrying about everyone else and do something for me. I get lots of positive compliments. I did have someone tell me I was "skin and bones" today. I really don't think she was trying to be mean. She was telling me how tiny I was and looked great. And I supposed compared to the size I was I am skin and bones. LOL. But truthfully I do not look too thin. I look healthy. Still 4 pounds away from being a normal BMI. Looking forward to staying fit forever!