Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

6 months post op!!!!! And I freaking love my sleeeve!!!

Rate this Entry
Yes! I was yelling. I mean, who wouldn't be when you are as happy and excited as I am to be hitting this mile marker. Half way through my first year and almost to goal already. Things continue to get easier each day. I am losing very slowly now but that was too be expected. I am just 8 lbs from my goal weight. Not sure when the weight loss will stop. I feel good. I feel healthy. I know that I could go under 120 for my height and probably still look healthy as I am only 4'11". I really never thought I would be able to get to 120. Even though I saw my sister go through the process and lose all her excess weight (and has been able to maintain for 4 1/2 years) I was still not sure it was really going to work for me. I knew logically it should, but I guess I was just afraid of getting my hopes up and failing. I knew I would lose some but this has been amazing.

Still having issues with constipation. I am not complaining, though. So many possible side affects and this is minor to deal with. A weekly enema gives me relief. I have heard it eases up between 6-12 months. So I am cautiously optimistic that I will be able to poop on my own soon. LOL.

Last weekend I went on a little shopping spree for some shirts that aren't huge on me. I found some cute ones and am glad I bought them. I also bought a new bikini. It was a beautiful color and I am eager for our subdivision pool to open so I can wear it. My thigh skin is saggy but my legs still look better than when they were fat so I don't care. I will continue to exercise and see what kind of tightening I can do between now and my 1 year anniversary. At one year, I am going to decide if skin removal on my thighs is something I want to do or I can live with the way they look. Only time will tell. And then if I do decide to proceed with skin removal surgery, it will be about researching and saving for the surgery. I am thinking if it happens it will be around the 18 month post op mark.

Hope you are all hitting goals and living life as a happily sleeved or soon to be sleeved person!

Submit "6 months post op!!!!!  And I freaking love my sleeeve!!!" to Digg Submit "6 months post op!!!!!  And I freaking love my sleeeve!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "6 months post op!!!!!  And I freaking love my sleeeve!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 months post op!!!!!  And I freaking love my sleeeve!!!" to Google

Comments

✨Happy Dance✨

Where has time gone!?! And at least we have made good use of it!

I bought a beautiful white bathing suit from Neiman's Last Call sale like a year prior to surgery it was a size 14. I wore it when I went to Maui which was about 6 months post op and it fit on the loose side! Which is what I wanted, I just hated that I waited too long to wear actually!

When I was there I found a boutique and found a really nice one Size10. It's just starting to fit perfect and need to go to the beach to wear. I might just wear to gym's pool lol!

Keep up the great work!

Trust me, constipation will be an issue of the past soon enough. I even a couple colonics to no avail!
    Nothing better to celebrate a mile stone than shopping! for sure you are doing great! I'm convinced you will be under your goal very soon, that will give room for an easy stabilization!

for me celebration is more about looking in my storage room/ suitcases to find smaller sizes I bought months ago. It's fun because sometime I forget what I got and rediscover it again... I was surprised to be able to wear smaller pants last week because my weight is not really moving right now but I guess fat is still in the move and shifting!!
    Do you still wear the same shoes? I lost at least one size..

I'm sorry you still have to deal with constipation, for me it was the opposite (IBS) and it got really better with the sleeve, around month 5 or 6 if I recall . May be you will feel better very soon too! Eating enough veggies is really my main goal each day and it can be challenging as you know, but if I can't find what I need I feel it right away. Also my omegas do help with inflammation and I can notice if I don't take it one day (but it's hard on my reflux so I have to skip sometimes...).

I'm starting to pack as my trip to Paris is on Monday, I was able to find new compression pantyhose "in my size" here but that was only on paper...so I will be flying without again...argh..I hope I will have time to find something when I'm in France but since I'm staying less than two weeks it will be too short to order it made on my measures...

I wanted to meet a professor specialized in plastic/reconstruction/obesity during that trip but he is so famous his calendar is always packed full and indeed nothing could work with my busy schedule...I will have to wait for September I guess. Oh well, since my muscle issues are stable right now it can wait anyway. I just hope nothing will get more damaged with the move. I will have to be really extra careful..
    I love reading about your success and your positive outlook! Thanks for sharing!
    You look so great!!! And you are so inspiring to me as I start my weight-loss journey! I have a pink ombre' bikini that was on sale like 3 years ago. It has remained in the front of my closet ever since LOL It was on sale and when I walked by holding my (yet another) black tanktini, XXL or 18.... I thought to myself right then, "I'm buying it" ... I was not sure then how I would ever wear it but I never gave up on the dream. I still believe that one day I will get to wear this bathing suit. Your story definitely gives me hope!!!!
    YAY!!!! you are so inspirational!
    So happy for all your accomplishments!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    ✨Happy Dance✨

Where has time gone!?! And at least we have made good use of it!

I bought a beautiful white bathing suit from Neiman's Last Call sale like a year prior to surgery it was a size 14. I wore it when I went to Maui which was about 6 months post op and it fit on the loose side! Which is what I wanted, I just hated that I waited too long to wear actually!

When I was there I found a boutique and found a really nice one Size10. It's just starting to fit perfect and need to go to the beach to wear. I might just wear to gym's pool lol!

Keep up the great work!

Trust me, constipation will be an issue of the past soon enough. I even a couple colonics to no avail!
    I had to giggle when you said you waited too long to wear your swimsuit. I had some similar experiences when I pulled my smaller sizes from my garage. I tried them and they were too small and then I had them in the dresser. When I thought I might be able to squeeze them on I pulled them out and they were too big. It was sad and happy at the same time. LOL. The suit I bought is this really pretty salmon like color. It looks good against my skin now so I can only imagine when I get my tan on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Nothing better to celebrate a mile stone than shopping! for sure you are doing great! I'm convinced you will be under your goal very soon, that will give room for an easy stabilization!

for me celebration is more about looking in my storage room/ suitcases to find smaller sizes I bought months ago. It's fun because sometime I forget what I got and rediscover it again... I was surprised to be able to wear smaller pants last week because my weight is not really moving right now but I guess fat is still in the move and shifting!!
    Do you still wear the same shoes? I lost at least one size..

I'm sorry you still have to deal with constipation, for me it was the opposite (IBS) and it got really better with the sleeve, around month 5 or 6 if I recall . May be you will feel better very soon too! Eating enough veggies is really my main goal each day and it can be challenging as you know, but if I can't find what I need I feel it right away. Also my omegas do help with inflammation and I can notice if I don't take it one day (but it's hard on my reflux so I have to skip sometimes...).

I'm starting to pack as my trip to Paris is on Monday, I was able to find new compression pantyhose "in my size" here but that was only on paper...so I will be flying without again...argh..I hope I will have time to find something when I'm in France but since I'm staying less than two weeks it will be too short to order it made on my measures...

I wanted to meet a professor specialized in plastic/reconstruction/obesity during that trip but he is so famous his calendar is always packed full and indeed nothing could work with my busy schedule...I will have to wait for September I guess. Oh well, since my muscle issues are stable right now it can wait anyway. I just hope nothing will get more damaged with the move. I will have to be really extra careful..
    I rather did enjoy the shopping! My feet have remained the same. I can say that my feet never got larger with weight gain. Everything else did but not my feet. I have always had narrow feet.
    We know that the scale really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. We continue to get smaller even when we are not losing. And I can tell you that taking the measurements and pictures has always been my go to. Ultimately it is what we look like. I would rather look like this and weigh 180 then weigh 128 and look like I did at 180. Make sense??
    I'm trying to get the extra veg in to help with the constipation but still eating so little I only have so much room and naturally I eat my protein first. I have IBS as well but mine has always been predominantly constipation. I had a friend who was the opposite and she had gotten so thin because everything sent her running to the bathroom. (She is not sleeved.) I think I would rather be constipated then constantly have to run to the bathroom praying I make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    I love reading about your success and your positive outlook! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks! I love reading your blogs as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    You look so great!!! And you are so inspiring to me as I start my weight-loss journey! I have a pink ombre' bikini that was on sale like 3 years ago. It has remained in the front of my closet ever since LOL It was on sale and when I walked by holding my (yet another) black tanktini, XXL or 18.... I thought to myself right then, "I'm buying it" ... I was not sure then how I would ever wear it but I never gave up on the dream. I still believe that one day I will get to wear this bathing suit. Your story definitely gives me hope!!!!
    Thanks for the kind Gigi! Trust me, you will be rocking that pink ombre' bikini in no time! Just follow the rules for eating and move as much as you can! They are the keys to success. My nut has me following a low carb lifestyle. I do eat some carbs and I don't count my carbs but I do focus on protein, then veggies. I have very limited bread /sweet items. I like pork rinds as my snack food to make me feel like I am having chips or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by yolymarie
    YAY!!!! you are so inspirational!

Thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    So happy for all your accomplishments!
    Thank you Lori!! You are doing so amazing hon!