Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TeriB

7 days out...

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone,
I am hoping I can get some advice on some issues I am having. Really, it's just 2. I cannot get enough protein in. I cannot get the protein shakes down. They are so sweet. They leave a horrible taste in my mouth morning, noon and night. I was counting on 60 grams of protein from those shakes. Does anyone have any good recipes for protein shakes that will not be so sweet? Not drinking the protein shakes leads me to the 2nd problem. I am not getting enough liquid in. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice is appreciated.

Teri

Submit "7 days out..." to Digg Submit "7 days out..." to del.icio.us Submit "7 days out..." to StumbleUpon Submit "7 days out..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have you tried blending nonfat plain greek yogurt or nonfat milk and ice to cut down on the sweetness?

My fav shakes were and still are

half ripe banana
    serving of PB2
    serving of plain nonfat greek yogurt
    Chocolate premade protein shake
    Blend with ice

or
    serving of frozen berries
    nonfat plain greek yogurt
    fresh mint
    Vanilla premade protein shake
    blend with ice
    Fairlife fat free milk. It has 13g of protein. You can add some PB2 to it. I had nonfat lattes from Starbucks. I was not restricted from caffeine post op like some people are. I can tell you that in the beginning all I could do was my best. I also had creamed soups made with the fat free milk. I also could not tolerate the sweetness of the shakes. To have additional liquids I had hot tea and broth. I did a lot better with warm liquids in the beginning.
    I took me 3 months to be able to get enough protein or water. Do what you can, it will get better with time.
    I made my own shakes with an unflavored protein powder (Sunwarrrior or other brands), PB2, organic dark cocoa and that was the only protein drink I could drink, can't stand chemical taste and fake sugar.
    Also I still drink more when the water is ice cold but for months I could only drink herbal tea or juice (surgeon orders) because plain water was a no no.
    Well first of all you have no choice, you need to get in your liquids and protein or you could end up back in the hospital. I didn't like the creamy shakes either (except freezing the chocolate ones and pretending they were a Wendy's frosty). I liked the orange Isopure diluted with quite a bit of ice. They were high in protein and counted toward my 64 ounces of liquid too. Just keep trying some until you find something you like.