Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

yungmaster

Bad teeth

Rate this Entry
I always brushed and flossed. I went to the dentist 2x a year like I was supposed to. Then I lost insurance and didn't go to the dentist for 2 years, but I cared for my teeth. All was good, but in the past year my teeth seem to have been deteriorating. As I write this I'm sitting at the dentist office. I have 2 broken teeth, one that has been a 8/10 on a pain scale these past few days. I also have had teeth pulled, and a crown on one. Can't sleep becasue my whole head is throbbing. The only major change in my life has been the sleeve, 2 years ago.
Anyone will similar problems?

Submit "Bad teeth" to Digg Submit "Bad teeth" to del.icio.us Submit "Bad teeth" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bad teeth" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I don't have an dental issues but I recall reading it was possible as a result of low calcium and other vitamins. Have you had your lab work done recently?
    I would have to agree with Merry Mary. You have to definitely get a lot calcium and D3 supplements in to maintain healthy bones and teeth post op. Good luck.
    It could be either the consequence of nutrition issues ( I do have myself vitamin deficiencies that got worth since the sleeve) but one of my cousin who's a dentist was telling me recently that he saw many patients with issues after a sleeve because they have bad reflux and the issue is coming from the stomach acid damaging the teeth.
    Major body changes can cause issues with your teeth. I know I had never had a cavity until the birth of my first child!

I agree with everyone about the vitamins. Take a bariatric multi-vitamin (not something like Flintstones or just any multi-vitamin, they don't have what you need like iron, etc.) Then I also take Calcium Citrate twice a day and a Vitamin D once a day.

I take the ProCare Health brand Bariatric Capsules, I order them online, a 90 day supply. If you are early on they also come in chewable. I'm three years out so have no issues swallowing the capsule.
    I always take 500 mg of calcium per day as they told us to do since the sleeve.