Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bigdogluver

Another Stall

Rate this Entry
Can't believe it, I'm in another stall. It's been going on for over a week now. It's my second stall and I just can't seem to beat it. I've tried more exercise, more food, less food - nothing works. I started on solid foods and I know my body is getting used to it but I'm tired of being patient. My nutritionist is useless in terms of giving me ideas that would help me.

I see my surgeon today and I haven't lost a lot of weight since I last saw him. I'm so bummed I can't stand it.

I'm getting rid of my weight loss ticker, it just seems to mock me.

Having problems with constipation, always. There's never any relief. Not a lot of waste so nothing comes out, even after taking fiber. When there seems to be enough waste to purge, it's stopped up.

The non-loss and constipation are driving me nuts. I've never experienced this before in all of my history of weight loss and I'm not dealing with it well.

So pissed off!

Submit "Another Stall" to Digg Submit "Another Stall" to del.icio.us Submit "Another Stall" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another Stall" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am in the same boat as far as a stall. I actually went up a pound and a half in the last few days. So frustrating and I know as much as I should ignore the scale I just can't seem to stop myself from weighing myself daily. I am trying not to panic as this is my second stall although last time I never gained. I do realize though that some of it has to do with timing. It is the same time of month as last time and it suddenly dropped instantly last time. I think it is water retention. Hang in there we know from other sleevers that this is common and happens to everyone. Not to panic. I have been very fortunate though and not had the constipation problem. I personally don't have a nutritionalist and just try and take advise from others who have had a sleeve. I understand the ticker mocking you. I couldn't bring myself to show I had a gain. I had my sleeve about three weeks prior to you. The only advice I can give is focus on the great success you have had so far and know that it will continue you are just hitting a speed bump on the way.
    I'm 6 months out today and I still get stalls. It happens. You're going to half to stop obsessing over the numbers. Trustttt me I did the SAME THING! It will mess with your head. I too have bathroom problems. You have to really try to get more fluids in and stool softeners are your friend at this time. I don't even get on the scale hardly anymore. It was going up 5-7 pounds and then I'd lose 12. The Dr. said it's a combination of water retention, constipation, and basically your body is in major shock. You have to remember we ate really bad for years and now that we are eating smaller portions our bodies are trying to hold onto everything for dear life. Patience is key. Everything will fall into place!
    Do you drink a lot of water? (and I mean a lot!) That always helps me with constipation, more than anything from CVS.
    I have dealt with constipation since I had my surgery. I take stool softeners every night but still have to take an enema every week to help move things along. I have tried all sorts of fiber supplements and what not but nothing really works. I know eventually this too shall pass. As for stalls....they happen. It is not a one and done type thing. Don't let them derail you. Remember that weight is not the only measure of success. You will get there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trastan
    I am in the same boat as far as a stall. I actually went up a pound and a half in the last few days. So frustrating and I know as much as I should ignore the scale I just can't seem to stop myself from weighing myself daily. I am trying not to panic as this is my second stall although last time I never gained. I do realize though that some of it has to do with timing. It is the same time of month as last time and it suddenly dropped instantly last time. I think it is water retention. Hang in there we know from other sleevers that this is common and happens to everyone. Not to panic. I have been very fortunate though and not had the constipation problem. I personally don't have a nutritionalist and just try and take advise from others who have had a sleeve. I understand the ticker mocking you. I couldn't bring myself to show I had a gain. I had my sleeve about three weeks prior to you. The only advice I can give is focus on the great success you have had so far and know that it will continue you are just hitting a speed bump on the way.
    Thanks for the kind words of support. I'm happy to say that my appointment went well. I was told to start increasing my caloric level which should help and not weigh myself except for once a week. I love the weight loss but I didn't know part of the loss would be my sanity and patience. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by elle77
    I'm 6 months out today and I still get stalls. It happens. You're going to half to stop obsessing over the numbers. Trustttt me I did the SAME THING! It will mess with your head. I too have bathroom problems. You have to really try to get more fluids in and stool softeners are your friend at this time. I don't even get on the scale hardly anymore. It was going up 5-7 pounds and then I'd lose 12. The Dr. said it's a combination of water retention, constipation, and basically your body is in major shock. You have to remember we ate really bad for years and now that we are eating smaller portions our bodies are trying to hold onto everything for dear life. Patience is key. Everything will fall into place!

Thanks for the support. I was told to stop weighing but once a week, so what you've said reflects my doctor. I just wrote this and it bears repeating - I didn't know that I would lose weight and some of my sanity. LOL. I appreciate your kindness, thanks of responding.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Do you drink a lot of water? (and I mean a lot!) That always helps me with constipation, more than anything from CVS.
    I'm drinking about 70 - 80 ounces a day. My doctor told me to take Muralax and since I just hit stage 4, real food, I will have more waste and more BMs. I hope he's right. This sucks! LOL

Thanks for responding, I really appreciate your support!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I have dealt with constipation since I had my surgery. I take stool softeners every night but still have to take an enema every week to help move things along. I have tried all sorts of fiber supplements and what not but nothing really works. I know eventually this too shall pass. As for stalls....they happen. It is not a one and done type thing. Don't let them derail you. Remember that weight is not the only measure of success. You will get there!

I can't remember if I've ever had an enema before this. Now, well, they're like a snuggle teddy bear - I need them every week, too! I've tried the fiber and that seems to add to it. My doctor told me to do Muralax and as my food consumption changes and more foods are allowed, it should get better... clue word "should"...

Thanks so much for your kind words and support. I sincerely appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogluver
    I can't remember if I've ever had an enema before this. Now, well, they're like a snuggle teddy bear - I need them every week, too! I've tried the fiber and that seems to add to it. My doctor told me to do Muralax and as my food consumption changes and more foods are allowed, it should get better... clue word "should"...

Thanks so much for your kind words and support. I sincerely appreciate it.

Yes. My enema is my necessary friend....at least for now. All the vets say it will eventually stabilize. My biggest issue with the fibers you put in water are because you have to mix with 8 oz of water and drink it pretty quickly. I still drink slow. So it is difficult. Plus it did not seem to help. I am thinking that when I can eat a bit more and have more room for my veggies that it will help. Fingers crossed. This too shall pass. The irritations of stalls and constipation are still better then the woes of being obese!! So there's that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Yes. My enema is my necessary friend....at least for now. All the vets say it will eventually stabilize. My biggest issue with the fibers you put in water are because you have to mix with 8 oz of water and drink it pretty quickly. I still drink slow. So it is difficult. Plus it did not seem to help. I am thinking that when I can eat a bit more and have more room for my veggies that it will help. Fingers crossed. This too shall pass. The irritations of stalls and constipation are still better then the woes of being obese!! So there's that!
    Great point - the constipation and stalls are better than being 60 pounds heavier.

I really hope the constipation becomes a bad memory and soon. Oops, there I go whining again, oh well...

Thanks again for your insight and support!

PS: I still drink slow, too. Some folks that are post surgery by 2 or more years say they still can't gulp.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogluver
    Great point - the constipation and stalls are better than being 60 pounds heavier.

I really hope the constipation becomes a bad memory and soon. Oops, there I go whining again, oh well...

Thanks again for your insight and support!

PS: I still drink slow, too. Some folks that are post surgery by 2 or more years say they still can't gulp.
    Isn't it crazy how different everyone is? I remember someone who wasn't that far post op (and at the time I was much farther along) and they were saying they were already getting in all their fluids with no issues. That they could easily drink 8 oz post op. I was so shocked at how easy the fluids were for them. I have noticed I am drinking much better now but it has a lot to do with drinking more in a setting and more frequently.