Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

25 Weeks-Healthy Wife Happy Life-Dog looks thinner

Rate this Entry
Another week gone in the post op journey. I feel so very healthy. Like who is this person! I met up with a pal today on my break at work. She is very thin. Actually makes me look fat. LOL. So I asked her if she wanted to join me on my mile walk on my break. She said yes. And we chatted as we walked. She is taller than me. She made two comments that made me laugh and proud at the same time. She first said I walked fast but to me it did not feel that fast. And then she said she was feeling winded and I was making her feel out of shape. LOL.

Being healthy is making me energetic and have a zest for life. I can tell you that I seem to always be in a good mood. I know the saying is Happy Wife, Happy Life but for me it would be Healthy Wife, Happy Life!! I feel like I am always on the move. Getting things done around the house, working out, walking the dogs, taking the kids places. I don't like to just sit around like I used to. I think all this walking is making my little fat dog look a little thinner. I know she needs to keep up the walks. She is a Chihuahua Dachshund mix and just a butter ball. Mainly because my hubby gives her too many table scraps. She is still cute, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	26716

I have met up with a lot of friends from high school lately that have just happened to be in San Antonio for one reason or another. This is a big deal since I went to school and graduated from a military base school in Aviano Italy. The great thing is that I am seeing them looking more like I did in high school where before I was looking like a weeble wobble. LOL.

And I am a total dummy because last week I meant to write about my great fortune to meet up with Shirl!! I was so excited when she said she would be in Austin and we planned to meet up for a quick lunch. She is so freaking amazing in person and I just love her to pieces. She is such a beautiful woman physically and mentally. I can tell you meeting up with a fellow sleever is pretty awesome because our non sleeved friends can be supportive and not really understand what we go through.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shirl and me.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	26717

Update on my hair: while I still lose some hair in the shower I think that this is about what I used to lose before the surgery related hair loss started. My hair is really growing in well. I am pretty glad that it was short lived.

Happy Thursday my friends!!

Submit "25 Weeks-Healthy Wife Happy Life-Dog looks thinner" to Digg Submit "25 Weeks-Healthy Wife Happy Life-Dog looks thinner" to del.icio.us Submit "25 Weeks-Healthy Wife Happy Life-Dog looks thinner" to StumbleUpon Submit "25 Weeks-Healthy Wife Happy Life-Dog looks thinner" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

How wonderful to meet a fellow sleever! Great photo of y'all!
    You are so happy, I can hear it through your words in the blog post. You look amazing and it must be great to see high school classmates... from another country! Wow! So nice that you met with Shirl, great picture. (Actually, great pictures!)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    How wonderful to meet a fellow sleever! Great photo of y'all!
    Thanks Jen! It was such a great experience!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    You are so happy, I can hear it through your words in the blog post. You look amazing and it must be great to see high school classmates... from another country! Wow! So nice that you met with Shirl, great picture. (Actually, great pictures!)
    It was really great meeting Shirl. We all support each other on here but meeting in person makes it so much more personal. Wish it was easy to meet all the people I have connected with on here! You included! We had dinner with another HS friend last night. He lives in Orlando now but his mother and grandmother live not that far from us. The thing about being a military brat is that you make these bonds that last through distance and years that is really indescribable. Especially because some of these people you know for only 1-2 years. Not like people who grow up in one place and know people for most of their lives. It's a pretty special bond.