Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JLPSch

The Latest Ups and Downs

Rate this Entry
I think everyone would agree that our weight loss journey is full of ups and downs. Here's my latest ups and downs on my blog, Down the Scale...

https://downthescale.com/2017/04/26/...own-the-scale/

Best wishes,
Jen

Submit "The Latest Ups and Downs" to Digg Submit "The Latest Ups and Downs" to del.icio.us Submit "The Latest Ups and Downs" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Latest Ups and Downs" to Google

Comments

Thanks for sharing a link to your blog. I always enjoy reading about your journey.

:-)
    Thanks so much!
    Thanks for sharing. I know all too well about the need for being in control and when you can't how much it can take an emotional toll on you. I have worked very hard over the years to let go some and try to relax. I was so obsessive about so many things. When I used to fold laundry it was an agonizing process. People who watched me do it (close friends) would tell me how exhausting it was to watch me do it. They also knew that I would freak out if they tried to "help me". I was so bad that when I had to go to a laundry mat (before I was leaving my old base and all our household items were gone) once I was watching another lady fold her laundry, She did not have the same kind of compulsion as I did and she was doing a very poor job of folding. I had to actually turn my back to her because it was physically making me nauseous to watch her. I have worked so hard to stop doing that. I am so much more relaxed about how I fold my laundry now. I think that is part of my weight issues as well...if I could not be perfect in my food choices then I would swing full blown the opposite direction. Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for sharing, Christie! It really helps to know I'm not alone. Take care!
    After reading your blog and the comments of others in the group, it finally hit me that many of us with our "weighty issues" are suffering from control issues. (I'm a little slow sometimes to catch on to the obvious) Thank you so much for lifting the blinders from my eyes before I have my surgery. I think that by being mindful of the things that I can and should control and the things that I can't control, my journey will be easier right out of the gate. Your insight and the insights of others in this group are more valuable to me than you will ever know.
    Thank you for sharing, Linda! I'm so happy when something I share is helpful, especially before you have surgery! I found that surgery is just a part of the changes you need to make as you start your weight loss journey. Best wishes to you on your own story!