Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

Swelling going down! transition time!

Rate this Entry
I've been back from my long trip (+13h flight with one stop over) 9 days ago and I can see that finally my legs are getting better, the swelling is going down.
But my fingers are still puffy for some reason.

I've been drinking a lot to help with the water retention but it's the first time it takes so long to go away. And I did take my usual supplements so I'm not sure why this time is different. Probably just getting older..

My scale is also smiling. One month ago I was one pound up most days, this time I'm two pounds down but waiting to be really in the "next kilo zone" to change my ticker. Just to make sure it's for good!
I'm thinking that even if I lose only one pound per month, it's still going in the right direction, and it's the only thing that matter!

I'm glad the weight loss is not over yet. I was worried. But between my weird metabolism and the fact that nutrition is often an issue here (can't find what I want or need) I just have to be patient four more months, just continue to do what I do and forget about the scale. Back in France when I will be able to find what I need it will be easier to loose more. Just ten days in Australia made a difference so I guess after Summer things will be different too and hopefully my weight loss will really improve too.

Submit "Swelling going down! transition time!" to Digg Submit "Swelling going down! transition time!" to del.icio.us Submit "Swelling going down! transition time!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Swelling going down! transition time!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am still super impressed you have managed to lose so much with the limitations on getting what you need there. I am sure that once you get back to France you are going to see so much difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I am still super impressed you have managed to lose so much with the limitations on getting what you need there. I am sure that once you get back to France you are going to see so much difference.
    In the past 15 months I've been away almost ...5 months, so my limitations was only during 2/3 of the time: ten months. That's probably why I did manage. But as my nut say all the time "you're my best patient" because I went to all follow up, take my supplements religiously, I'm really trying hard. I mean I know that I was obese with a balanced nutrition, I know that if I had been living on junk food or eating crazy high calories, I could have been one of those poor fellows on the 600 pounds show. that's probably why I was so worried one month ago when I saw my scale not moving and actually saying "one more pound!" on and off. But it feels better to see that with a little work out each day and eating more and better food in Australia the result is there.
    I came back to see that the ban (bird flu) is gone so eggs and chicken are back in stores, that's great news. The veggie market has also more fresh vegetables I can eat because it's in season, I found lettuce and egg plants again on Sunday. I think the next four months will be less complicated compare to the past winter months. Crossing my finger we won't get that many typhoons like last year..or the veggie market will be closed for weeks again. Plus next month I will be ten days in France, I know my friends did plan a few dinner parties already, can't wait!
    OHMGoodness your reply to Christie just gave me flashbacks to new Bill Nye (The Science Guy! from my teens in the 80's lol! I had such a crush on him!) show on Netflix. Anywhoo, if you are a fan totally watch it, if not, don't because he will just piss you off with his rants on global warming effects!

Christie... Talking about Global Warming did you see the massive iceberg floating by Greenland or was it Newfoundland or Iceland? Didn't you live in one those NH islands?

Sandra, glad that you are feeling better... progress not perfection I always remind myself.

I can't wait to be in France! It is a bummer I may not get to meet you! But do let me know if you are coming to Southern California or Texas in the future.

Hugs!