Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

24 weeks-10 LBS from Goal!!-Hair is growing

Rate this Entry
Another week down in the books. I pound closer to goal. I am only 10 pounds from goal!!! TEN FREAKING POUNDS!!! How in the hell did it happen so quickly? I am in awe! I feel great! I am so very thankful for all of it. I am glad I took the risk and went through with it. It hasn't always been easy but it was never unbearable.

What have I learned in 24 weeks? I have learned more about my body. I have learned to eat intuitively and listen to my body. Am I full? Am I thirsty? Am I hungry? What is my body really craving? I have learned to move more throughout the day since I have a sedentary job. I am able to lift my desk and stand to work so I do that and I use my two 20 minute breaks to go for a brisk walk. I have started making sure we do more active things as a family.

My hair is definitely looking much better. I was really lucky. While I lost quite a bit, it never looked too bad and it did not last that long. So blessed to have had so little in the way of complications.

Now I have to do some mental preparing for the upcoming maintenance phase. Need to read as much as I can and really prepare myself for what is to come. I need to make a plan and stick to it. I know that weighing regularly will definitely be part of my plan. But knowing what to do when I do have a little gain to make sure I tackle it right away. There is no way in hell I am going back to where I was.

Happy Thursday! Hope your week is going well and that you are all living the healthy life! Hugs!

Submit "24 weeks-10 LBS from Goal!!-Hair is growing" to Digg Submit "24 weeks-10 LBS from Goal!!-Hair is growing" to del.icio.us Submit "24 weeks-10 LBS from Goal!!-Hair is growing" to StumbleUpon Submit "24 weeks-10 LBS from Goal!!-Hair is growing" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am SO happy for you Christie! I have followed you 'almost' from the beginning after your surgery. (December is when I joined.) You are doing great and I bet you will always have the maintenance under control. I have a ways to go before I hit MY goal (the nutritionist has her own goal #, higher than mine) but either way, I never, ever want to go back to life pre sleeve and all the pre op dieting I did. (Not to mention how much money the insurance is paying out!)
    Congratulations to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesrtGal
    I am SO happy for you Christie! I have followed you 'almost' from the beginning after your surgery. (December is when I joined.) You are doing great and I bet you will always have the maintenance under control. I have a ways to go before I hit MY goal (the nutritionist has her own goal #, higher than mine) but either way, I never, ever want to go back to life pre sleeve and all the pre op dieting I did. (Not to mention how much money the insurance is paying out!)
    Congratulations to you!
    Thank you Lori! I felt like my goal seemed so far away in the beginning but you'll see that you'll be hitting yours before you know it. I can't believe how long your pre op diet is. I was cleared for real foods at 1 month post op. I cannot imagine going a few months like your diet. How are you feeling with your energy?
    Happy Thursday!

Or Friday by now in your neck of the woods!

Your hair looked fantastic so whatever you did keep doing! As long as you are meeting nutritionial goals hair will be less of an issue as you enter maintenance.

I'm 6lbs from my one year goal... which is next month, May 17th. At this point I'm less enthusiastic about meeting that goal, than knowing what the DeXA results/3mo., 6mo. and 12mo. post op comparisons will be on May 19th (hint hint... knudge knudge... wink wink). I'm just crossing fingers that I have kept visceral fat on check!!!

Hugs!!!
    Great Job! I am within 20 pounds of goal and am getting very excited for the maintenance which I was initially dreading. I am also glad to hear that your hair is growing as you were sleeved around the same time as I was. My hair is not falling out by the handfuls, but I AM looking forward to the hair-loss part being over.
    Way to go! You are so close! Isn't it fun?

The weird thing about hair is I'm over three years out and I am still losing hair. I have extremely thick hair, so its no big deal at all, just odd. The only way it is noticeable is I have some "short" pieces all the time. I take my vitamins and eat much more than in the beginning.
    Awesome Christi!
    You are doing so great you might even be under your goal before your trip!! that's pretty amazing!! good job!
    I still haven't checked my weight since I'm back because the water retention (from the very long flight) is still there. But a dear friend I didn't see for three weeks told me during dinner I lost again, and usually she always notice at the right time (when the scale says congrats!). So I'm crossing my fingers she is right again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Happy Thursday!

Or Friday by now in your neck of the woods!

Your hair looked fantastic so whatever you did keep doing! As long as you are meeting nutritionial goals hair will be less of an issue as you enter maintenance.

I'm 6lbs from my one year goal... which is next month, May 17th. At this point I'm less enthusiastic about meeting that goal, than knowing what the DeXA results/3mo., 6mo. and 12mo. post op comparisons will be on May 19th (hint hint... knudge knudge... wink wink). I'm just crossing fingers that I have kept visceral fat on check!!!

Hugs!!!
    I really think all the biotin I started taking almost immediately post op helped. Before I started losing my hair the biotin had actually made my hair look much thicker and more lush. So when the hair loss started I was already having more hair than I usually did. Trying to get the day off for the 19th hoping I can schedule an appointment for the Dexa too!
    Big hugs right back at you!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamma
    Great Job! I am within 20 pounds of goal and am getting very excited for the maintenance which I was initially dreading. I am also glad to hear that your hair is growing as you were sleeved around the same time as I was. My hair is not falling out by the handfuls, but I AM looking forward to the hair-loss part being over.
    I was losing a ton of hair for a while. Looked like a small rat on the drain. LOL. Now I am still losing a little bit but not nearly as much. And the two spots were it was more noticeable (by my temples) it is growing back so it does not look bad at all. YAY!
    Yes...maintenance is going to be a different beast. I do think one thing that has really resonated with me is seeing people come back and have gained quite a bit of weight and trying to get back on track. It has made me realize that I definitely need to have a plan and danger weight where I kick myself into action. I do not want to gain this weight back. So once I stop losing I will have my stop weight where if I get to it I need to kick back to basics to lose it. I do feel completely ready for this. I feel well educated and excited. My scale went from being my nemesis to my new best friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Way to go! You are so close! Isn't it fun?

The weird thing about hair is I'm over three years out and I am still losing hair. I have extremely thick hair, so its no big deal at all, just odd. The only way it is noticeable is I have some "short" pieces all the time. I take my vitamins and eat much more than in the beginning.
    I have always lost some hair. I think it is a hormonal thing. But when I started losing huge amounts in the shower (and also while blow drying) it was a bit shocking. I already knew it was a big possibility. My sister lost a ton. She actually shaved hers. I thought I was prepared for it but the longer I went without losing any I thought maybe I wouldn't. Until it started...and then it seemed to start coming out quickly. So I just doubled up on my biotin and bought biotin shampoo.
    As for goal...it is just so weird. Like dang....am I really almost there? It feels like it happened. I am excited. I can't even remember when I weighed 120 last. I think when I got pregnant with my son (who is 19) I was like 100 lbs. Ballooned up to 190. I don't think I ever got back down under 130 after that. Before beginning the ping ponging of my weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle_mom
    Awesome Christi!
    Thank you Doodle mom!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    You are doing so great you might even be under your goal before your trip!! that's pretty amazing!! good job!
    I still haven't checked my weight since I'm back because the water retention (from the very long flight) is still there. But a dear friend I didn't see for three weeks told me during dinner I lost again, and usually she always notice at the right time (when the scale says congrats!). So I'm crossing my fingers she is right again...
    I think that my weight will probably go under 120. Not sure. I have tried to remain calm but optimistic during this whole journey. I was not sure what weight to pick since I had been heavy for so long. I thought 120 seemed realistic. I now think I may actually end up lower. But if I get to 120 and can maintain I would be perfectly happy.
    I bet you have lost. And if you are feeling slimmer, I bet you are. Clothes are always a better indicator than the scale! Fingers crossed for you! You are doing wonderfully! Especially given the difficulties you have getting the foods you need where you live. That means you are absolutely proving that even when abroad you can make your sleeve work for you! Hugs!