Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Newlife2017

Slow month

Rate this Entry
Tomorrow will be four months since my surgery and it was a very slow month. I've only lost 4 lbs this month and am a little frustrated. It's been very hard to stay on track as it is college baseball season and my son has multiple games a week so we are eating out a lot. Although I try to make healthy choices it's not always easy and my meals are not always on time. For example I usually eat every 5 hours but when you're in the middle of a baseball game it's hard to sit down and eat a healthy meal so I tend to grab a snack.

Two more weeks of baseball and I'm hoping I can get back into a routine of eating at regular times and eating healthy home made cooking.

I'm also a little stressed because when I had my 3 month checkup (it was actually 3 1/2 months) the doctor said that the next two months are critical in the weight loss process as it starts to slow down after that. Hopefully it doesn't slow down too much. I still have 48 lbs before I reach my goal weight.

Submit "Slow month" to Digg Submit "Slow month" to del.icio.us Submit "Slow month" to StumbleUpon Submit "Slow month" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have learned that I always have to be prepared. I always have a protein bar in my purse and a water bottle on my person. I made the mistake too many times of getting hungry and not having a viable healthy option...or just waiting too long to eat because I had nothing. It always left me feeling miserable. I also keep my protein bar in a Ziploc baggie as sometimes I just need a bite to ward off hunger.
    I have not been a fast loser through this process. Slow and steady. I have been averaging 1-2 lbs a week for a while. (20 lbs of my weight loss on my ticker was pre op. I will be 24 weeks tomorrow and have lost 56 lbs post op.) The good news is that you are still losing. Just keep doing your best and really focus once baseball season is over. Good luck!
    I, too, always have some sort of protein on my person. I usually have a protein drink in my purse as well as the ever-present water bottle. My protein drinks are the already made type and I can just pop one open and drink it. 30 grams of protein, 160 calories and it will get me through to the next planned meal with no problem. You can also always carry a hard-boiled egg. My golf course has those and it's a great pick-me-up.
    Thanks for your post! It was a great reminder to me; I need to ALWAYS have a protein snack in my purse and a water bottle with me. I still forget a lot of the time. Trying to create good new habits to replace my old bad ones.
    I was in the same boat. I only lost 2 pounds this month but my clothes are looser. I went down a size in jeans, so I will take that. I do have to have protein or fresh cut cucumbers, bell peppers, or cheese sticks with me at all times. The P3, Portable protein packs are a life saver, Quest protein chips, Premiere protein drinks, pure protein balls. You have to keep something in your bag for the times you will be out and about. Waterrrrrrr.
    It keeps you on track and focused.