Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

NrseJessie

Feeling discouraged

Rate this Entry
Today marks 4 months since surgery for me. Sadly, I had a gain this week...trying to remain positive about that, after all, it was only 2 lbs. I know it's going to fluctuate. Especially with it being that time of the month. But, 2 lbs here, 2 lbs there....they can quickly add up! And, I'm getting tired. Discouraged even. Not so much from the gain, just in general. I shouldn't be feeling this way, I've been doing so well! This is the most I've lost. Last time I attempted, and was successful, at losing a decent amount of weight...I lost 40 lbs and then fell off the wagon. I'm currently down 55 lbs. I've definitely surpassed that 40. And, it's noticeable. Even I see the difference. But, I'm struggling. I've eaten utter junk for the past couple of days. And, I know I'm doing it as I do it. I tell myself not to but then do it anyway. I know a lot of this is mental and the surgery doesn't fix the mental issues. I'm trying to figure out of these cravings and feelings of being mentally tired and drained, are hormonal due to female things or am I just in need of a vacation? I'm thinking I need to spice up my gym routine. Too much repetitiveness can get boring. I'd like to start weight training but I don't know where to begin and all the big buff dudes on that side of the gym are pretty intimidating, lol. At this point, I guess I'm just rambling but I need to figure out how to MAINTAIN THE MOTIVATION!!!?? How do I continue my success? I really, really, really want to be one of those people who lose Onderland!

Submit "Feeling discouraged" to Digg Submit "Feeling discouraged" to del.icio.us Submit "Feeling discouraged" to StumbleUpon Submit "Feeling discouraged" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Surgery only fixes the tummy, not the mind. How about a local bariatric support group, it's getting nicer out and you can take a walk to clear your head. Your hormones are all mixed up right now and the gut hormone is a strong one indeed. Now, that being said, you're very early on and this is a lifelong journey. Maybe some counseling might help you, or look at pictures of how you want to be and make a "vision board". My personal advice is to, "Keep your eyes on the prize." You can do this!
    Therapist? Supplements right? Blood panel OK? Enough water?

All I can say that if what you're doing right now isn't working then something needs to be changed. You already know that eating junk food isn't what to be doing now. Seriously, WLS is pretty much a last-gasp effort for all WLS patients. However you can get your head and body back in the game, you gotta do that.
    Two perfect responses from two of the best WLS vets on this page!!
    Pam, you're looking amazing! Continued success
    Pre-op I would gain about 5 lbs almost every month and it would drop back off, I call it my period weight. Now, post-op, I seem to gain 2 lbs and then the following week those are gone along with a couple extra pounds. (averaging about 4 lbs a week ish at this point, 3 months post-op)

You're not alone. Don't let those couple of pounds freak you out too much, just keep getting your water and protein in. Go for walks, frequently. Add little bits of activity throughout your day, even if it's only parking at the far end of the parking lot at the store. You've got this.

That said, you should definitely find some support; whether that's a bariatric support group or a therapist (which is HIGHLY recommended if you have access to one).