Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MistyCarr

getting nervous

Rate this Entry
im going to mexico this summer to get the sleeve. i hope these gitters go away, im scared and its still so far away. any advice to help me get through till my surgery?

Submit "getting nervous" to Digg Submit "getting nervous" to del.icio.us Submit "getting nervous" to StumbleUpon Submit "getting nervous" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

hi misstycarr,

I do not have any advice for you but good luck with your upcoming surgery. it's okay to be scared. mine is booked for May 11 in Tijuana and i am scared and excited. i hope for smooth surgery for both of us.
    Hi Misty, I went to Mexico 1-23-17 and had sleeve surgery. It was the best experience. Your having my surgeon and Dr Almanza and his team our Outstanding along with the hotel staff and team of nurses there. I would go back in a heartbeat, No Regrets. You are going to be pleasantly surprised. Your going to get better care then some people who had it done in the states. Important to follow all your instructions from the weightloss agents. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk or you can send me any questions you have. I'm excited for you.Good Luck with your journey P.S I was very nervous even though I researched Dr Almanza the hospital and going to mexico and the sleeve surgery.
    I'm also having great results, so far down 58lbs since surgery or 85lbs since pre op diet
    ✨Congratulations on your decision to go through the Sleeve Gastrectomy✨ know your life will change for the better as reported in 99% of most cases. For me, the risks of surgery were much lower than if I had stayed on the same path.

If you haven't already, watch Dr. Matthew Weiner YouTube channel for what to expect before/after surgery.

I highly recommend you invest in after surgery compression body suit or at least stockings because if you are traveling far, specially flying long distance after surgery you have a higher risk of blood clots, I had surgery in the states only five minutes from home, but my surgeon loaded me with anticoagulants and warned me that I would bruise easily the first month so for me not to freakout. Hopefully surgeon's in Mexico do the same. Make sure to ask them. Also ask about post operative aftercare and what type of support will they offer once you are home. I also highly recommend you connect with your primary physician, let them know your plans (don't adk for permission, I got upset when my doctor acted like I was asking their approval, which Was negative, all I wanted was her referral to a Bariatric surgeon). And let them know you will need to monitor your vitamin levels for the rest of your life, so to they can prepare an aftercare plan for you. These are all things I did preo because I went with a surgeon not in my network.

Lastly, This surgery has been the best decision I have ever made, it is by no means an easy way out, it is also NOT a ✨*Magic Wand*✨ that will make your weight magically disappear. It takes mindful every day work to stay present and use our permanent tool to be better and healthier versions of our current selves.

Feel free to reach out anytime. Sending you the best of wishes!
    It is normal to feel scared. My suggestion is to read as much as you can about the surgery between now and then so you can feel prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    Hi Misty, I went to Mexico 1-23-17 and had sleeve surgery. It was the best experience. Your having my surgeon and Dr Almanza and his team our Outstanding along with the hotel staff and team of nurses there. I would go back in a heartbeat, No Regrets. You are going to be pleasantly surprised. Your going to get better care then some people who had it done in the states. Important to follow all your instructions from the weightloss agents. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk or you can send me any questions you have. I'm excited for you.Good Luck with your journey P.S I was very nervous even though I researched Dr Almanza the hospital and going to mexico and the sleeve surgery.
    Thank you for telling me about your experience! If you want to pm me and tell me all about it I would appreciate it!
    You are 2 days or so on the other side of your surgery~ :-)
    Best Wishes for your future and the changes coming your way,
    I have Dr A in about 13 days, (gulp) my heart just went fluttery, did you get over your concerns before flying?