Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christymarsden76

Got my surgery date!!!!

Rate this Entry
Today I got the call that my daughter and I will be having surgery May 2nd!!! I am super excited. We were informed that we will not need to complete a pre op diet, which makes me happy but, after reading others stories everyone seems to do them. My Dr. Said he used to do them but everyone cheated on them and his percentage of open surgery has not went up because of it. I may do something like the week of I dont know.

Submit "Got my surgery date!!!!" to Digg Submit "Got my surgery date!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Got my surgery date!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Got my surgery date!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats. I had an easy pre op. A week (well 6 days) of 2 shakes and a small meal of meat and veggies. Then 3 days directly pre op was liquids. Protein shakes, broth, sugar free popsicles. Pretty easy. I am not going to lie. I used my meal to eat small versions of food I would no longer be eating. I still lost weight. My surgeon says that the 3 days of liquid pre op helps because if the stomach is free of food particles there is less chance of anything getting in that incision line that can cause infection. Good luck on your surgeries!
    My surgeon said "no" pre-op diet as well. I did "watch" what I ate more closely, no food funerals, but also NO liquid diet. Good luck to you both!
    Its great that you will have a buddy to go thru this journey with! I have 10 days of strictly liquid diet pre op and Im envious. However I started above 400lbs so I trust whatever my surgeon says since he is the one who has to do the operation. I wish you great success!!! Congrats on the date!! Its so exciting.
    I only had to do liquids the 24 hours prior to surgery, no limitations otherwise. I ate a big ass ribeye from my favorite restaurant three days before surgery as I thought I'd never be able to enjoy one again. Oddly enough, I didn't enjoy that one, but I do enjoy them regularly now.