Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacymak

Working towards gastric sleeve

Rate this Entry
I got my band in July 2007 in Hawaii. I lost almost 50 lbs in the first 5 months or so on it. Shortly after that I moved to Nevada. I took on a stressful job and I noticed that I was vomiting a lot. I had my band unfilled, filled, unfilled, filled. I just kept vomiting. I now weigh 10 lbs more that when I had the band. I had it removed because it was causing me so many problems. I had developed terrible heartburn. I wasn't eating enough protein because since I had a hard time eating it, I just stayed away from it and ate foods that would stay down. Happy to be unbanded, and now working towards the gastric sleeve. My dr likes to wait 6 months after being unbanded to let the stomach reshape and heal. My target is to have the sleeve in Aug 2017. My new dr thinks I have sleep apnea so I'm having a sleep study done in late April.

Submit "Working towards gastric sleeve" to Digg Submit "Working towards gastric sleeve" to del.icio.us Submit "Working towards gastric sleeve" to StumbleUpon Submit "Working towards gastric sleeve" to Google

Comments

I'm in Nevada too, and I have sleep apnea also, have been on a cpap machine since 2010. Now that I have had the surgery (a week ago), time will tell if I can stop using it at night (and naps).
    Best of luck to you on taking control of your future !
    Sorry to hear about all your band problems.. There are a lot of band to sleeve people on this forum. Good luck!
    I am just starting my journey toward gastric sleeve also, I wish you well it seems we will both be having surgery in August.
    Anyone ever had gastric band removed and gastric sleeve surgery done same day? If so, did you experience any problems related to doing both at same time?