Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lil_lisa

being fat

Rate this Entry
Ok, I just have to say this, I went to the surgeon to see about my gallbladder and all I heard was how his tools wouldn't be able to reach through my body and that I would be a big health risk. Hell, the gastric sleeve surgeon didn't give me a second thought when I got the sleeve. Heart and lungs are just fine. He wanted me to go to another doctor and get the balloon or some such thing in me to make my stomach smaller, doc, that's not my problem, I love junk food, hows that??? Gawd doctors drive me mad. No matter what your problem is, FAT is all they see.

Submit "being fat" to Digg Submit "being fat" to del.icio.us Submit "being fat" to StumbleUpon Submit "being fat" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Unfortunately, there are many people,including doctors that have this prejudice against overweight people. I have seen it even more since I had my sleeve done.
    I hope you get your gallbladder taken care of.
    Best wishes!
    Having obesity is like having leprosy. People feel that it is ok to judge you and be rude to you because you are obese. It is a shit world we live in.
    I hate being judged like that. Sometimes life keeps you from being able to be a gym rat and cook healthy 24/7 .. and yes, some have a food addiction. It does not define me (or you). I am sorry you had to go through that. Good luck getting relief from your gallbladder.