Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Vanessa7

22 days post op

Rate this Entry
I can't believe i'm 3 weeks post op. I've been fortunate to not have any issues except 2 weeks of hives from the antibiotics but other than that its been an easy recovery. Yesterday i ate a little more than I have been eating and i felt uncomfortable so i'm going to have to just stick to half a cup of food. The worst part of the surgery is the food addiction still lives on, even after 80% of your stomach is removed. Food made me happy for 30 yrs and I miss it terribly but I know i made the right decision. I'll need to go back to my therapist and get involved in other activities because I can't go back to binge eating after all this. It's not easy and will take a lot of work and reconditioning mentally and physically but i'm looking forward it. Note to self: Keep pressing on.

Submit "22 days post op" to Digg Submit "22 days post op" to del.icio.us Submit "22 days post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "22 days post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Eating to live. Not living to eat! We are on a new path that will give us a bright future. When I think about snacking I get up and look out side and think the world is mine again and food will never take it from me again! Stay Strong!!!
    Definitely get help now. The sleeve is a wonderful tool but you can definitely gain all the weight you lost back if you don't make smart choices. It's crucial to work on the mental aspect of losing weight now. Good luck.

http://www.obesitycoverage.com/weigh...tomach-stretch

http://www.bariatric-surgery-source....c-surgery.html
    Especially the first month you need to stick to 1/2 cup per sitting. But for several months you could also think it's hunger when it's actually thirst. So drink as much as possible. The first month I was allowed to have 3 meals 2 snacks. It's better not to go hungry and always focus on protein, it will help to make better choices. Just focus on nutritious food, don't keep junk food inside your house. And if you can find help do it asap because at some point you will be able to eat more (I could eat one cup around month 5) so if you don't face the problems now it will fire back later. Good luck!
    Sounds like your on the right track and the advice you gave yourself is good along with the advice from Christy and Sandra is good too. Good Luck with your journey