Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

20 weeks-Car Accident-51/71-Life is Grand!

Rate this Entry
So I am 20 weeks out today. I can't believe it! I swear when I was going through the insurance process and waiting for approval the time was sooo slow. Now it is flying by and I am loving life! I have lost 51 lbs post op and 71 lbs total. I really did not think the sleeve would work this well for me. I was skeptical because so many things have failed over a years. It sounded too good to be true. Turns out....the sleeve and me are a good fit!

So I was on my way home from work and had my first car accident. I was literally driving out of the main gate from my work and someone (who works for the same company) rear ended me. I was shocked. Totally not expecting it. The guy was very nice and super apologetic. We stopped very quickly, exchanged information, took a few pics, and left. I know there will be no issues as we have the same insurance company and work for the same company. I have always prided myself on being able to avoid accidents because I am very aware of those around me. Well the one thing you can't predict is someone rear ending you when you stop.

So my hair loss has slowed wayyyyyy down. I am still losing a little bit but not much and I can tell now that my hair is starting to grow in and look a little healthier. For a while I swear it was looking frizzy, nappy, and like I just didn't put any effort into it. I looked frazzled. LOL. Now it is much better. It could also be the new products I am using to tame the frizziness. Either way...I am thankful to not look like a Treasure Troll anymore. My wavy hair is back to looking wavy.

I can't recall if I told y'all I bought an Apple Watch. I am totally in love with it. All the reminders to move and stand. It tracks everything! I have been walking on my breaks at work now. I was doing way too much sitting while at work. And I also stand while working. (My desk has the button to raise it up so you can stand and work.) It was the best impulse purchase ever!

Happy Thursday you sexy sleevers!!

Submit "20 weeks-Car Accident-51/71-Life is Grand!" to Digg Submit "20 weeks-Car Accident-51/71-Life is Grand!" to del.icio.us Submit "20 weeks-Car Accident-51/71-Life is Grand!" to StumbleUpon Submit "20 weeks-Car Accident-51/71-Life is Grand!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh my- good thing it wasn't a serious accident! You look radiantly happy in your profile picture. Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcook2
    Oh my- good thing it wasn't a serious accident! You look radiantly happy in your profile picture. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! I feel great! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! It is an amazing journey!
    I'm glad your car accident was not serious! we had a few over the years, was never our fault but I got injured badly in one of them. Same thing, rear ended, but with a higher speed and my cervicals were damaged. At least you are ok, that's the most important!
    Enjoy your watch! seems fun!
    I also use breaks to take a little walk here and there. Usually I go get myself a drink.
    My hair got weird and frizzy at some point too, but it's better now. I still think I should get a pixie cut but maintenance would be too complicated right now..
    So happy you are okay. You look amazing!!!! If you don't mind me asking, what have you used for hair loss? I welcome any product or vitamin info as I am currently shedding!
    Congrats on your journey (0=
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    I'm glad your car accident was not serious! we had a few over the years, was never our fault but I got injured badly in one of them. Same thing, rear ended, but with a higher speed and my cervicals were damaged. At least you are ok, that's the most important!
    Enjoy your watch! seems fun!
    I also use breaks to take a little walk here and there. Usually I go get myself a drink.
    My hair got weird and frizzy at some point too, but it's better now. I still think I should get a pixie cut but maintenance would be too complicated right now..
    I have been seriously considering a new hair cut. I used to always look cute with short hair when I was thin so I am really thinking about it. Don't want to make a rush decision. So am going to do some searching to find a cut I really want. We will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by saramichelle
    So happy you are okay. You look amazing!!!! If you don't mind me asking, what have you used for hair loss? I welcome any product or vitamin info as I am currently shedding!
    Congrats on your journey (0=

I doubled up on my biotin (10,000 mcg 2x a day), iron, zinc, B12 orally. I make sure I am getting in enough protein. I use a spray by OGX that has biotin and collagen. Seems to be working for me or maybe it is just luck of the draw??
    Hi Christy, glad your accident wasn't worse.Congradulations on your success again. Your looking great I heard in my support group earlier this month from a number of people that lost hair when it grew back it was thicker and nicer than it originally was. Exciting thought. Glad your enjoying your apple watch, I have a fitbit watch and really enjoy those features too. Those I feel should be a requirement,lol. Hope you have a good night,Tamera
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    Hi Christy, glad your accident wasn't worse.Congradulations on your success again. Your looking great I heard in my support group earlier this month from a number of people that lost hair when it grew back it was thicker and nicer than it originally was. Exciting thought. Glad your enjoying your apple watch, I have a fitbit watch and really enjoy those features too. Those I feel should be a requirement,lol. Hope you have a good night,Tamera
    Hey Tamera! We are in this awesome life journey together and I am so happy when others are enjoying it as much as I am. I am thankful that my hair loss was able to be concealed with just some rearranging of the hair on top. I did buy some shampoo and conditioner with biotin in it last night. We will see if it makes any kind of difference. Today all I could think of was getting home to work out in the beautiful sunshine. Nice and hot here in San Antonio and worked out in a tank top and stretchy shorts. Sun felt GREAT!!! Hope your evening is great as well!
    OMG Christie, I just saw this! I'm so glad you're ok and the accident wasn't terrible, but still.
    You're doing amazing, congrats on all your weight loss success! You look WONDERFUL!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesrtGal
    OMG Christie, I just saw this! I'm so glad you're ok and the accident wasn't terrible, but still.
    You're doing amazing, congrats on all your weight loss success! You look WONDERFUL!
    Hey Lori! It really was no biggie. I guess it was more shocking since it was my first accident while driving...ever. I am very happy with my sleeve and my weight loss. Honestly, if this is where I stayed, I would be okay with it. I feel FANTASTIC. I think I actually look thin even though I am not at goal. I can tell my body is not done losing weight, though. I think it is going so well because I am following the nutrition plan that my nutritionist laid out for me. But I do allow myself a bite here and there if I REALLY want it. I just don't indulge more than a bite and not frequently. I am soooo glad to hear you are doing so well post op.
    You look so great! I'm sorry to hear about the accident, that is unfortunate! I'm glad to hear about the hair regrowth. I've been a little worried because I'm about 13 weeks postop and the last 10 days or so I've really started to notice an increase of hair falling out. I know others had said to expect it around 4-6 months so I freaked a little wondering if that meant when I reach 4-6 I'd lose even more?! LOL hope not! But I also thought I was taking 5K biotin but when reading the back of the bottle realized their serving size was 3 pills, so I've really only been taking roughly 1600 mcg a day. So I'm going to go to the 3 pills a day and hope it helps. Good luck with everything! and 71 lbs is FREAKING AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny53669
    You look so great! I'm sorry to hear about the accident, that is unfortunate! I'm glad to hear about the hair regrowth. I've been a little worried because I'm about 13 weeks postop and the last 10 days or so I've really started to notice an increase of hair falling out. I know others had said to expect it around 4-6 months so I freaked a little wondering if that meant when I reach 4-6 I'd lose even more?! LOL hope not! But I also thought I was taking 5K biotin but when reading the back of the bottle realized their serving size was 3 pills, so I've really only been taking roughly 1600 mcg a day. So I'm going to go to the 3 pills a day and hope it helps. Good luck with everything! and 71 lbs is FREAKING AWESOME!
    Gah. Sorry for the late reply. I never get notifications about people posting on my blog. So dumb. How is the hair loss going? I have heard that 10,000 mcg of Biotin is the amount you should take. I am still losing hair but it is also growing back and am also not losing nearly what I was. Hope you are doing well.