Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kshaffer

Designer Clothes

Rate this Entry
Is there a place to sell clothes on this site? Some I will give away but other things i'd like to get some money to replace them. Items for sale now are 1x and 2x.

Submit "Designer Clothes" to Digg Submit "Designer Clothes" to del.icio.us Submit "Designer Clothes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Designer Clothes" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I just gave mine to a place that helps women get back into the workplace. I had some really nice stuff! Just took the tax deduction.

There's a site here, but I don't know if anyone has ever used it. Once I even offered my stuff for free if someone would pay the postage, and got no takers.
    Good luck! I had expensive work outfits and went to a consignment store they told me they were dated?!? Then I tried to sell on Offer Up and even here and there were no takers.

I ended up taking to a women's shelter and several women at the shelter were needing business outfits for interviews I was told. It felt really nice to know the clothes were needed and appreciated!

I might have a yard sale for my size 14/12 for the extra cash to get smaller compression garments.
    I donated mine and took the tax write off as well. I am down to the last of the "small" sizes I had in my garage and they are all getting too big. I am just going to tough it out as long as I can before I break down and buy anything. I don't want to waste money before I get to my smallest size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Good luck! I had expensive work outfits and went to a consignment store they told me they were dated?!? Then I tried to sell on Offer Up and even here and there were no takers.

I ended up taking to a women's shelter and several women at the shelter were needing business outfits for interviews I was told. It felt really nice to know the clothes were needed and appreciated!

I might have a yard sale for my size 14/12 for the extra cash to get smaller compression garments.
    I had a few suits that were 2 or 3 years old, expensive brands worn may be twice each and dry cleaned, I took them to a first second hand store, they said no to plus size, the second store took it but since I was moving I asked for the money to be given to a charity. I gave my biggest sizes away to Goodwill, lots of work stuff too. But right now I have even more tons of stuff, can't give it here (Asia, almost no obesity) so I'm planning on giving it way in my next country and for some items new (with labels, I jumped one full size in my weight loss) I will sell it somewhere. It does take a lot of space and it's a real pain.
    I donated all of mine to the local shelter for abused women. They were perfect for interviewsale, and could be combined to make a weeks worth of work clothes. (Donated roughly 8 garbage bags full twice as I went through clothes that were put away as too small.) Coats and winter gear went to a charity that helps the homeless.