Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rf787

Day 5...hungry

Rate this Entry
So i'm day 5 on the clear liquids and i feel like i'm running out of options.im still hungry...

I've had :
white grape juice
apple juice
Popsicle SF
broth
green tea

Ideas;what did you eat?

Submit "Day 5...hungry" to Digg Submit "Day 5...hungry" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 5...hungry" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 5...hungry" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have some hopefully good news. What your feeling is NOT HUNGER Pains!!!!! Its caused from inflammation in your stomach. You should be taking Nexium or Prevacid Twice a day. One first thing in the morning and one in the evening. This will really help reduce that sensation. Trust me your not hungry. Also your brain maybe tricking you too. While you cant swallow pills you can carefully open the capsule on one of the meds mentioned and put on top of jello and then apple sauce when on full liquids. The content looks like the tiny pearls. You can swith to prilosec or the generic when you doctor allows you to swallow pills. I hope this helps. Glad your surgery went well.
    ps This should go away or tone way day in about 4-6 weeks. Your brain will improve too in about a months time of following your postop diet to the T. If you haven't watched Ask Dr Alvarez's show either on here you'll find all his shows on youtube. I found him helpful especially in the beginning. Take Care
    I ate, Jello sometimes sf and sometimes regular, Popsicles half the time SF and the other half I ate Otter pops. I loved popsicles. Found a beef, chicken and chicken and herb broth i really liked. Drank apple juice, white grape and apple juic, SF powerad, tea with splenda. I lost alot of weight doing both sf and regular while on liquid diet. I still have maybe 4-8oz broken up during the week along with popsicles. My surgeon recommended this to help boost metabolism especially if your walking. By my second week I walked 26 miles, that was through out the week. I got a fitbit watch and got a fitbit buddy from this forum. He's ahead of me and very motivating, There's a group of us competing this week for the most steps. Ive found it really fun. It will get easier each week my friend.
    Powerade zero?
    Jello? All the best.
    I was not on clear liquids post op so I could have protein shakes and creamed soups made with nonfat milk. My nutritionist didn't want me drinking juices. I tolerated savory flavors and warm liquids better. And as Tamera said...most probably acid reflux not hunger. It gets easier.
    propel powder add to water. I still drink it. I can't take vitamins, this stuff has helped my vitamin levels stay where they are supposed to be, I am in my 9 month. One day at a time. you will get there.
    I am concerned that you are "hungry". I was not hungry after surgery. More like my energy level was low. Make sure you are getting your fluids to fill you up. The sugary juices are probably not helping your blood sugar. I did not do juices after surgery. Lot's of broth, SF Gelatin, SF popsicles, water and could have protein shakes. Not sure why you can't have protein shakes..they will fill you up...Have you spoken to your nutritionist?
    Yeah, I agree about the juices. I was told no apple juice or grape juices. Diet Ocean Spray Cranberry is ok, though. My dietician really stresses Poweraid Zero and Nuun electrolyte booster tablets in water. I found them at my local grocery store by the Crystal Lite and such. I hope you get it all figured out! : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I was not on clear liquids post op so I could have protein shakes and creamed soups made with nonfat milk. My nutritionist didn't want me drinking juices. I tolerated savory flavors and warm liquids better. And as Tamera said...most probably acid reflux not hunger. It gets easier.

Christie,

I am day 3 of my pre-op liquid diet, and my problem is similar to yours. All the sweetness of the shakes is too much for me. I do better with savory, so I have been drinking lots of chicken broth, but it is not filling and satisfying. I do manage to choke down 2 shakes a day at this point. Hopefully I'll be able to increase to at least 3 a day before surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle_mom
    Christie,

I am day 3 of my pre-op liquid diet, and my problem is similar to yours. All the sweetness of the shakes is too much for me. I do better with savory, so I have been drinking lots of chicken broth, but it is not filling and satisfying. I do manage to choke down 2 shakes a day at this point. Hopefully I'll be able to increase to at least 3 a day before surgery.
    Try creamed soups made with nonfat milk. It will give you protein if you do them with milk. Just don't eat any chunks like if you eat cream of chicken or mushroom.
    All this info has helped me immensely!