Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bigdogluver

2 Days To Go - Being Tested By Stress

Rate this Entry
I've got 2 days to go until surgery and what a stress ride it has been. Two weeks ago I broke a tooth and had it pulled (money out, lots of pain). Then, 5 days ago, the spouse needed new tires and they are expensive (money out, lots of pain). THEN, yesterday, had plumping problems and basement floored (money out, lots and lots of pain).

I wonder if a greater Being is trying to toughen me up for the operation. Actually, it's having the opposite effect. I'm extremely stressed, all the things I wanted to get done aren't getting done, I'm not sleeping well, and I'm just numb. I want to cry but tears never come easily, I was taught to suck it up, suck and eat my feelings. Well, now is not the time to break down.

I lost a tad of weight on my pre-op diet but not much, about 7 -8 pounds. I'm too constipated and I'm carrying it all around, so the weight loss is skewed! It's all due to stress. My stomach is extended and swollen, 'cos I ain't pooping much. I'm meeting my water goal and taking stole softeners but it's just not working. Too stressed.

I took off all this week. Gotta run to stores and do errands. Plumber is coming back at 10:00. I have a massage at 2:00 - I'm not missing it for anything. Then, I need to clean up the basement after the plumber leaves, etc.

I need good luck, I need my spouse to stop stressing me out, I need quiet and serenity, I need support. I've got none of any of this right now. I hope it all turns around in the next 24 hours.

Submit "2 Days To Go - Being Tested By Stress" to Digg Submit "2 Days To Go - Being Tested By Stress" to del.icio.us Submit "2 Days To Go - Being Tested By Stress" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 Days To Go - Being Tested By Stress" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

We'll just think of the $ you'll save when you can't eat much. And I had constipation issues and took an enema. Constipation pain is no joke. You got this!!!
    Christie, you're right, I'm sure I'll be saving all kinds of money on food. LOL. Constipation has always been an issue for me, work is tense and... well, you get it. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.
    Eating out is really cheap! I always joke to my husband about being a cheap date!
    Wow, that's a rough pre-op week. Maybe it's time for the colonoscopy diet.

You'll look back at this and have stories to tell. Or, chances are, six months from now you'll be so happy about how much better you feel that you won't give a shit. Although by then you probably will be shitting ok.

Seriously, do double down on the stool softeners now, because post-op you're going to be pretty plugged up for a while.

Good luck to you. You're doing the right thing. It's all going to come out alright.
    I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and will be sending you positive energy.
    Try Miralax, that is what Doyle, and likely Gandsas will have you take post surgery if anything happens. The nutritionist can probably help too if you call her. The protein powders and bars can cause this too.
    PS- let the small stuff take care of itself. This is your time to be selfish and get yourself right. Good luck tomorrow morning, you will do great.
    Miralax has saved me! I've been using it every other day since I ran into trouble and now I am staying ahead of it. I can start my pureed diet today and hoping that will help and I can start to wean off of it. I was drinking two Pure Proteins a day to get my 60 grams in but I believe it added to the problem. Nothing is ever easy!