Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Squatty Potty-TMI-Mother in Law-Rash

Rate this Entry
So some of you may be like me and have poop issues since being sleeved. I take a daily stool softener but get constipated still. And when I do go, I have a hard time. LOL. I used to have a stool that I used for years that was a stool from when I was a child. It was perfect. It made going so comfortable. Over the years of travelling the world it somehow got lost form one location to the next. Anyways, a while back they on Shark Tank they had a Squatty Potty. It is supposed to put you in the right position to poop so it is more comfortable and natural. While my husband (we just married in 2015 so he never knew the stool) found it hilarious, I knew it would work because I had a special stool once. So this weekend I went out and bought me one of those Shark Tank Squatty Potty's from Target. It works brilliantly. It was so comfortable. LOL. I know, I know...TMI. But if you are having potty issues like me...you will love this!
Went to see my mother in law today. We don't get out to see her as much as I would like as she lives an hour away. We spent the afternoon with her and brought the kids. Surprisingly they didn't complain too much over being out there so long. I know it made my mother in law happy as she was widowed in September and also had to put her old dog down on Monday.
So have any of you had any issues with rashes? Whenever I exercise I get a rash on my belly and chest. It doesn't itch or hurt and it goes away after a while. Is it just a heat rash or something? I have noticed this every time I run since having surgery. I never had this before even when I was fat. It is so weird. It goes away within an hour or so. Like my body is allergic to running. HAHAHAHA. Oh well.
Anyways, I had a lot of tempting foods in front of me today and I was a good girl. There were Krispy Kreme donuts (which are my favorite), fudge, and fried foods galore. But I did not indulge and had some grilled fish, green beans, and just a bit of mashed potatoes. And now as my husband sits enjoying the fudge, I just had my nightly treat of sugar free popsicles and I am fine with it. I remember a time when I would have stuffed my face with that fudge. Wasn't even tempted.
Hope you all had a great weekend!

Submit "Squatty Potty-TMI-Mother in Law-Rash" to Digg Submit "Squatty Potty-TMI-Mother in Law-Rash" to del.icio.us Submit "Squatty Potty-TMI-Mother in Law-Rash" to StumbleUpon Submit "Squatty Potty-TMI-Mother in Law-Rash" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What you described looks like urticaria.
    What I noticed post op, since I was not taking my omegas for months, is that my skin was really dry. It got itchy a lot. But since you get your rash after exercise, I would assume that your lipid barrier from you skin is gone as well and that your skin react to your own sweat. Try to use a lotion before exercising and see if there's any difference...I used a gel with aloe vera and tea tree oil post op to smooth the skin but also keep bacteria way (lot's of mold in the air here).
    I work in a hospital, the toilet stool thing really works even though a lot of people laugh at the idea.
    I also had a day of tempting foods and did terrible. Not anything like before surgery but I fell off my planned food for the day and picked at things I didnt intend to eat....awful. And I have to say lots of foods dont temp me at all anymore. But today I picked at things and that is bad behavior I need to nip in the bud fast. I admire your strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    What you described looks like urticaria.
    What I noticed post op, since I was not taking my omegas for months, is that my skin was really dry. It got itchy a lot. But since you get your rash after exercise, I would assume that your lipid barrier from you skin is gone as well and that your skin react to your own sweat. Try to use a lotion before exercising and see if there's any difference...I used a gel with aloe vera and tea tree oil post op to smooth the skin but also keep bacteria way (lot's of mold in the air here).
    I seriously thought I was losing my mind. LOL. I will try that tomorrow and see if it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by peasantme
    I work in a hospital, the toilet stool thing really works even though a lot of people laugh at the idea.
    I also had a day of tempting foods and did terrible. Not anything like before surgery but I fell off my planned food for the day and picked at things I didnt intend to eat....awful. And I have to say lots of foods dont temp me at all anymore. But today I picked at things and that is bad behavior I need to nip in the bud fast. I admire your strength.
    Yes!!! I love it and was so happy to get my squatty potty. My husband made fun of me. I told my boss at work about it and he asked me if I pooped soft serve like the unicorn in the commercial. I actually have not seen the commercial since we record everything and fast forward to through the commercials. But I did laugh when he said that.
    I can usually resist temptation pretty well. Occasionally I will indulge in a bit because I am human. I try my best to avoid it though.
    The squatty potty commercials are hilarious. You can find them on YouTube. I am a big believer in the squatty too! ��
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaNavigator
    The squatty potty commercials are hilarious. You can find them on YouTube. I am a big believer in the squatty too! 😀
    I'm going to have to look them up. LOL!
    Don't fret! I had chronic constipation through about 4-5 months. Seriously, I never thought I would be normal again. I got the squatty step stool about two weeks postop, it worked for a while but constipation came back. I love it irregardless! I did abdominal massages every morning to help the movement, that helped too. It wasn't until I was 80-90% on solid food, and using Triple Organic Fiber that life changed for me. I have been going regularly since about 5-6 months.

Life is good!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaNavigator
    The squatty potty commercials are hilarious. You can find them on YouTube. I am a big believer in the squatty too! 😀
    ✨sometimes it does feel like a Rainbow 🌈 ✨
    I also have a squatty potty and love it! I have had mine for a couple of years and it does really help when you are having trouble going. I get my sleeve surgery tomorrow and I'm so glad that it will be of some help after the surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidoze
    I also have a squatty potty and love it! I have had mine for a couple of years and it does really help when you are having trouble going. I get my sleeve surgery tomorrow and I'm so glad that it will be of some help after the surgery.
    I love it!! Yeah, constipation is no joke after surgery. I take stool softeners every day and still struggle. Good luck on your sleeve!! If you need any support or have any questions let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Don't fret! I had chronic constipation through about 4-5 months. Seriously, I never thought I would be normal again. I got the squatty step stool about two weeks postop, it worked for a while but constipation came back. I love it irregardless! I did abdominal massages every morning to help the movement, that helped too. It wasn't until I was 80-90% on solid food, and using Triple Organic Fiber that life changed for me. I have been going regularly since about 5-6 months.

Life is good!!!
    Oh that is sooooo good to hear. I was wondering if I would ever poop again normally. I really needed to hear that. So there is light at the end of the tunnel. I get miserable sometimes. So hopefully not too much longer since I am 20 weeks today!!
    Thanks for such a candid post about this topic. I have, um,.. issues and will consider this. If not for this constant issue I would be feeling great! lol.

Shirl, thanks for your feedback as well. Hopefully I return to some semblance of normal at the 4-5 month mark!