Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

Almost 10-Months Post Op

Rate this Entry
It's incredible to think it's been 10 months, it feels like just started this journey yesterday.

Life just continues to move forward and (maybe hormones speaking, yes in the middle of Moon) I feel like I'm trying to catch up or rather keep up with it.

I have been in California visiting my kids, it has been bliss. I haven't gone to see my mother, which I am dreading. She all of the sudden has an array of ailments. She described what were gallbladder attack symptoms and I told her a many a time to go to doctor or urgent care. I think she expected me to drop everything and go by her side. I'm still over 120 miles away so it is difficult since I have been taking care of my grandson and also healing from a root canal that's barely starting to feel normal. Did she call me once to ask how I was doing? Of course not.

My partner came for a few days, but had to return home. We found a nice home for me to settle here, and I will be sharing with my son and his family. Commute to USC is going to be interesting, but we had to do some compromising as nice areas near LA are too expensive and it will be to far for my son and daughter in law to commute to their respective jobs. Believe it or not I am really happy about this living arrangement. Lot's of opportunity for good things to happen. And I get to see my grandson grow up and be part of his life.

I will be heading back to Austin in May to make my one year post op visit with the Bariatric surgeon there, I suppose I could contact the surgeon here for that but I am all set up there. I also need to pack and ship a lot of stuff before we do our Europe trip and I start school again in August.

Overall I am happy my sleeve is working for me. I feel sooo stressed out about my mom. I feel stressed out about going back to the long distance relationship again, but also some relief too. I am stressed about uncertainties. I could be eating my stress, but I'm not. Food choices have been rather simple and nutritious for the most part. I did have three mochi ice cream balls today and a few pieces of chocolate. Those were compulsive choices and I hope I do better tomorrow. I haven't logged my food for the last week or so. And I haven't done any formal exercises for a few weeks other than a lot of walking.

I have come far, but not far enough. I need to stay present and focus on my health. I keep looking at pictures of where I was a year and two ago, and where I am now. I feel encouraged that all the sacrifices are paying off, and I need to keep moving forward.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2157.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	26602

Submit "Almost 10-Months Post Op" to Digg Submit "Almost 10-Months Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "Almost 10-Months Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Almost 10-Months Post Op" to Google

Comments

Best of luck to you, hope you find happiness and your days get brighter!
    Love the picture and pink is your color! I wish you luck and this opportunity can be a blessing in disguise. Change is good and I'm looking for major changes (positive ones I hope) for my future. I never thought about moving out of NJ, but that option is seeming better and better as I age a little and warmer climates are calling my name.
    Good luck with your new living arrangements. I lived with my son and daughter-in-law for 1 1/2 years and would call it a mixed blessing. The biggest blessing was the time I was able to spend with my grandchildren. Another blessing was getting to know my son as a very capable adult man, focused on taking care of his family. My daughter-in-law and I developed a very special relationship that lasts even now that I'm still in California and they are in Texas. There were some very strained moments, but overall I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. Is your son's family accepting of the lifestyle that you will need to continue for the rest of your life? If they are, then I would say, have a Wonderful Life!
    Shirl you look stunning!!! Great job! Wow! That is a lot of changes going on. You got this. When you come to Austin in May we should try to meet up for lunch. Good luck with the new living situation and house! I am sure it is going to be great!
    What a great photo! you look amazing! you must be so close from your goal weight!!
    Stress and moving...I know that too well. It is a real pain. But keeping in mind how much progress we made in a few months do help to stay on track. We can do this!!
    Thank you all y'alls!

Yes, it's been a gloomy week hormonal wise, and having my partner visit for a good four days made me miss him terribly! We've booked my home visits to Austin for April and May, and an extended June-August. Then grad school starts!!!

Super excited and nervous wreck about it! But I know this is what I have always wanted!!! It doesn't matter that I'm about to turn 49 years old! With 71lbs gone I feel much more alive and energetic than I did in my younger days!

All these changes are definitely scary, and definitely taking me out of my comfort zone, but they are necessary if I want to pursue my dreams and goals which have been deferred for one or other reasons for way too long! I'm just happy I have my partner and my kids love and support, and all y'alls alongside for this journey!