Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Work Health Assessment-Rocking My Sleeve-Healthy and Loving it!!

Rate this Entry
Had my health assessment at work today. I rocked those numbers!!! The only number that I was not ideal/optimal was my BMI...which is still at 27. But I am soooo close to not being overweight anymore. It was a fasting blood draw. Unfortunately my appointment was scheduled for 1155 since it is at work and we have a lot of employees. I could not get anything earlier. I can tell you that with being thinner and having a little belly made the fasting for so long difficult. I was starving. When I got my blood pressure taken it was 102/68. The nurse asked if I was fasting and I said yes. She then asked me if I felt dizzy. I said I wasn't but I was starving. LOL. At any rate, I was soooooo excited in the improvement in all my numbers since my last health assessment at work which was August of 2015. If that isn't a NSV I don't know what is!!
Cheers to getting healthier with our sleeve!

Submit "Work Health Assessment-Rocking My Sleeve-Healthy and Loving it!!" to Digg Submit "Work Health Assessment-Rocking My Sleeve-Healthy and Loving it!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Work Health Assessment-Rocking My Sleeve-Healthy and Loving it!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Work Health Assessment-Rocking My Sleeve-Healthy and Loving it!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Fasting post-sleeve is really difficult. I had issues to get my blood test for months because I couldn't fast too long as I was very nauseous and dizzy. If I couldn't get the first appointment at 7.30 AM, I couldn't make it. I was fine after month 9 or 10, so no worries, it will get better.
    So you're doing pretty good on the fasting side! but you are doing amazing on the BMI! You're not even six months out yet, so don't worry, you will reach your goal. You have plenty of time.
    My surgeon's prediction makes me still in the obese category (but I started this journey from so high!). I'm hoping to be in the overweight. Might take one year to get there...we'll see!
    Christie, just so you know; sometimes short people can never attain a good BMI. My daughter played a Division I sport in college, trained every day, was NEVER one bit overweight and never had a low BMI. For some people it's not happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Fasting post-sleeve is really difficult. I had issues to get my blood test for months because I couldn't fast too long as I was very nauseous and dizzy. If I couldn't get the first appointment at 7.30 AM, I couldn't make it. I was fine after month 9 or 10, so no worries, it will get better.
    So you're doing pretty good on the fasting side! but you are doing amazing on the BMI! You're not even six months out yet, so don't worry, you will reach your goal. You have plenty of time.
    My surgeon's prediction makes me still in the obese category (but I started this journey from so high!). I'm hoping to be in the overweight. Might take one year to get there...we'll see!

I wasn't too bad but I can tell you that had I gone much longer I don't know what would have happened. When I finally ate I could feel my stomach going all kinds of crazy. Growling and churning. It was SOOOOOO loud I was embarrassed! Thank goodness I don't have to do that again. Well until next year and I am sure by then my tummy will be more stabilized. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamma
    Christie, just so you know; sometimes short people can never attain a good BMI. My daughter played a Division I sport in college, trained every day, was NEVER one bit overweight and never had a low BMI. For some people it's not happening.

We will see what happens but I feel like I look thin now and not overweight. Am I just disillusioned? Maybe a few more pounds but I have to lose 17 to be at the max of my BMI normal range. Sounds kind of like a lot since I am only 4'11". You know?
    Setting your expectations and goals off standard weight and bmi charts is an overall bad idea in my humbled opinion.

If you can make a trip to UT Austin sports and medicine department, go get set up with the DeXA body composition scan, and the bmr test so you can have a better idea of what "normal" should be for you.

Wishing you continued success!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Setting your expectations and goals off standard weight and bmi charts is an overall bad idea in my humbled opinion.

If you can make a trip to UT Austin sports and medicine department, go get set up with the DeXA body composition scan, and the bmr test so you can have a better idea of what "normal" should be for you.

Wishing you continued success!

No, I absolutely agree that I am starting to think it may not be the best measure for me. I have always had a muscular build. I think getting to goal may make me too thin?! I will take it 1 pound at a time and see what I look like.