Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tommy1969

4 Weeks Post OP

Rate this Entry
Hi All,

Just thought I would give a brief update. I am doing great! Still no complications so far, ((knock on wood)). I am on the mushy stuff. I drink 2 premier shakes a day along with lots of water. Last Saturday I had some Mo Pa Tofu, it was amazing. And Sunday I blended some rib-eye in my nutri bullet and then cooked with onion and RAO's Marinara sauce and it was amazing. Was kind of like sloppy joe consistency and did not have any trouble eating it.

Thought I could take turmeric for my inflammation in hips but doctor said no, which makes me sad. However, I do expect improvement once I lose even more weight.

I weigh in on 3/31 but per my home scale I am down 50lbs. I will update by ticker once I get the official number from the doc's office.

Still no regrets at all and now feel that the sleeve is part of me and have adjusted well with my new food lifestyle. When I think about how I ate pre-surgery it makes me want to gag. So glad I made this decision.

Feel much sharper mentally as well!

I hope all are doing well with their journey and I wish everyone much success. I can't wait to see a 3 in front of my weight and then a 2!

Have a great week!

Regards,

Tommy

Submit "4 Weeks Post OP" to Digg Submit "4 Weeks Post OP" to del.icio.us Submit "4 Weeks Post OP" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 Weeks Post OP" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on your continued success! Keep posting to keep those of us still in limbo (waiting for approval) motivated.
    Linda 51
    Fifty pounds is awesome Tommy!! I am proud of you!! You are doing such a great job following all the rules and I can tell you have mentally adapted to the sleeve as well!! Great job! I know that your wife is super proud of you! Is she adjusting to eating meals with you? I know my hubby likes how cheap of a date I am. I just eat a bit off of his plate. Maybe with an extra side of steamed veggies. LOL.
    hey Tommy! you are doing wonderful! WOW!! 50 pounds!
    Don't be sad about the turmeric. My doc cleared me for "everything" at one month out, and I did ask him about my omegas, he said fine. But 20 minutes later my nutritionist was telling me that taking omegas that early could be an issue because I might have troubles tolerating fat. She was so right!
    So doctors know about their fields, not so much about nutrition and supplements, even if I'm sure there's exceptions here.
    All that to say that you could try homeopathy, that's what I took mainly for my first three months. There's no side effect and it's sublingual absorption (under the tongue) but check with your doctor or nut to make sure. I took "MediNatura, T-Relief, Arthritis Pain Relief Tablets" and used a gel "Boiron, Arnicare Gel, Pain Relief" or "Now Foods, Glucosamine, MSM & Arnica, Liposome Lotion". The first few months when my weight was decreasing quickly somewhere my gravity center was shifting and I had some back pain and other pains. It got better. Now I'm dealing with injuries but that's an other issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    hey Tommy! you are doing wonderful! WOW!! 50 pounds!
    Don't be sad about the turmeric. My doc cleared me for "everything" at one month out, and I did ask him about my omegas, he said fine. But 20 minutes later my nutritionist was telling me that taking omegas that early could be an issue because I might have troubles tolerating fat. She was so right!
    So doctors know about their fields, not so much about nutrition and supplements, even if I'm sure there's exceptions here.
    All that to say that you could try homeopathy, that's what I took mainly for my first three months. There's no side effect and it's sublingual absorption (under the tongue) but check with your doctor or nut to make sure. I took "MediNatura, T-Relief, Arthritis Pain Relief Tablets" and used a gel "Boiron, Arnicare Gel, Pain Relief" or "Now Foods, Glucosamine, MSM & Arnica, Liposome Lotion". The first few months when my weight was decreasing quickly somewhere my gravity center was shifting and I had some back pain and other pains. It got better. Now I'm dealing with injuries but that's an other issue.
    Sandra, thank you for the information and I will certainly look into your suggestions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Fifty pounds is awesome Tommy!! I am proud of you!! You are doing such a great job following all the rules and I can tell you have mentally adapted to the sleeve as well!! Great job! I know that your wife is super proud of you! Is she adjusting to eating meals with you? I know my hubby likes how cheap of a date I am. I just eat a bit off of his plate. Maybe with an extra side of steamed veggies. LOL.
    Thanks Christie! Yes, I am noticing some positive impacts with my wife! She has been great with helping me get everything that I need. She mimics many of my habits so I see benefits for her along this journey. She is working to stop drinking soda and I never drank soda so this is an indicator that she really wants to join me with health improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda51
    Congratulations on your continued success! Keep posting to keep those of us still in limbo (waiting for approval) motivated.
    Linda 51
    Thanks Linda! I will keep posting. Yes, I know the Limbo feeling but it also allows time to adjust mentally. A huge decision so best if we go in with eyes wide open, IMO. Good luck to you!!
    Tommy, you're rocking the surgery! Keep on the path and you'll be great as surgery is a "game-changer". I feel your commitment and that's what you really need to succeed, which you are
    Continued success!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    Tommy, you're rocking the surgery! Keep on the path and you'll be great as surgery is a "game-changer". I feel your commitment and that's what you really need to succeed, which you are
    Continued success!
    Thanks Jerzeygirl! Hope the weather does not have you stranded! I am originally from the 'CUSE and my father is buried right now.
    Wow, 50 pounds is amazing. Congratulations. You are totally rocking this lifestyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle_mom
    Wow, 50 pounds is amazing. Congratulations. You are totally rocking this lifestyle.
    Thank you and goal is to lose 220 more! I have adjusted well to this new lifestyle. It has saved my life and now looking forward to all of the possibilities that this will afford me over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1969
    Thanks Christie! Yes, I am noticing some positive impacts with my wife! She has been great with helping me get everything that I need. She mimics many of my habits so I see benefits for her along this journey. She is working to stop drinking soda and I never drank soda so this is an indicator that she really wants to join me with health improvement.

And soda is terrible for you, especially diet soda. I used to be addicted to diet Dr. Pepper. So glad I gave that crap up. I tried a sip about 1 1/2 months post op and thought it tasted like pure shit. LOL. That is awesome that she is on this journey with you. Having a supportive spouse makes the journey all the sweeter.