Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

AmandaNavigator

One More Thing I Won't Miss

Rate this Entry
I am excited that my surgery is in just 2 days. Bags packed ready to go.

I decided to go ahead and remove my rings since I know you can't wear jewelry at the hospital. I never take them off.

It has taken 2 days of trying and swollen fingers before I was able to get the engagement ring off. I'll work on the wedding ring tomorrow. If you're in the same boat use Windex. You have to work at it but you will get it off. I really thought I'd have to cut them.

Adding this to my list of what I won't miss when I'm at goal. I don't want to ever forget the compromises I've had to make because of my weight. Then when I'm tempted I can look at my list and remember. I am sure I'll need lots of tools to maintain once I'm at my goal and I think these remembering daily irritations and limitations are going to make a big difference for me.

Thanks for all the great info you've all shared. Has made me much more excited vs anxious for Monday!

Submit "One More Thing I Won't Miss" to Digg Submit "One More Thing I Won't Miss" to del.icio.us Submit "One More Thing I Won't Miss" to StumbleUpon Submit "One More Thing I Won't Miss" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck with your surgery Amanda! For the ring removal try this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrDROoJAF4I
    You're going to love being able to not miss all your list things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Good luck with your surgery Amanda! For the ring removal try this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrDROoJAF4I
    You're going to love being able to not miss all your list things!
    Wow this looks awesome Christie I'm definitely trying it on my wedding band. Thanks!
    My very first NSV was that my rings fit again. Eventually they got to the point of falling off. Even my high school graduation ring is too big (and I was not fat in HS....even ran cross country track). You will be looking into getting your rings resized before you know it!!
    Good Luck tomorrow Amanda, Once you start loosing weight you'll be excited for what will come next. I can wear some of my rings and other jewelry, shoes, clothes I couldn't get into for a while. It is so nice being able to wear ladies shoes again. I was always stuck wearing men's shoes because they always came in wide. I will never miss this. I won't miss the worry of fitting into an airplane's seat or worrying if the seatbelt will fit,so embarrassing having to ask for an extender or going to a A restaurant and the seats aren't adjustable, and you can't fit so they have to find a different table for you, So so embarrassing!!!! There are many more of course but we would be here all day and night and maybe Years.
    Keep us posted on how everything goes. You'll do great. Good luck again tomorrow
    Love crossing my legs and tying my shoes!
    Yes! Like you, I never want to forget how badly obesity affected my life. Yes!
    And by the way...one of the things I do NOT miss is having to wear biker shorts under skirts/dresses because my chub rub was out of control. I would sweat and chafe so bad in my thigh area if I did not wear them. Guess what? I can now wear them with just my undies underneath. No need for anything extra. It's been so long I forgot what that feels like to not have to layer up.

PS-Did you try the string trick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    And by the way...one of the things I do NOT miss is having to wear biker shorts under skirts/dresses because my chub rub was out of control. I would sweat and chafe so bad in my thigh area if I did not wear them. Guess what? I can now wear them with just my undies underneath. No need for anything extra. It's been so long I forgot what that feels like to not have to layer up.

PS-Did you try the string trick?

Yes! The string trick worked like a charm! Thanks so much for the info!
    You will be thrilled! Follow the rules, keep that positivite attitude, you'll do great.
    So glad that the string trick worked. I had seen it a while back and remembered it when I read your post.