Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

18 weeks-Surgeon and PCP follow ups-Another one gone

Rate this Entry
So Thursday was 18 weeks since my surgery. And I feel great! I am down another pound and hit 140. I was hoping to be under 140 for my appointment with my surgeon today to be in the 130's....so close but no cigar. And I am ok with that. I know it is just a matter of time.

I did go see my surgeon and he was very pleased with my results and progress. I have not seen him since December (a month post op). He was pleased that I have had no side effects other than the hair loss (which is still not that bad). He told me that since I am doing well and have no issues that I don't need to come back for another 6 months. Naturally he reminded me that I can call or make an appointment any time I need anything. But truly, I am good and anything I need I can do with my PCP who is much closer to my house than my surgeon.

So I followed up with my PCP today as well. Just as I suspected, still need to remain on the BP meds. He stated that he thinks I should be able to get off of them by the end of summer. Will follow up in 3 months to see how it is going. My bloodwork was all good. I had previously (before surgery) had elevated liver enzymes. Today they had dropped drastically and were in the good healthy range!! My PCP was very pleased with that. I have lost 14 lbs since I saw him 8 weeks ago. Comes out to 1.75 lbs a week. Not too bad. I knew I had been averaging 1-2 lbs a week and this further confirms it.

Tomorrow we are going to a golf tournament. We go at this time every year. Usually while my husband golfs I take my kids to the beach. Unfortunately this year the weather sucks. So it is just going to be my 15 year old going with us. We will have a girls day while my hubby golfs. Shopping, lunch, nail salon, and possibly even the hair salon. I am debating if I want to get a little cut off.

And today I had taken off because of the 2 doctors appointments I had. It was very relaxing. Now I am watching Moana with my daughter. So far it is adorable. And it just started storming and all I could think is thank God I am snuggled up at home instead of having to drive home in this crap.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Submit "18 weeks-Surgeon and PCP follow ups-Another one gone" to Digg Submit "18 weeks-Surgeon and PCP follow ups-Another one gone" to del.icio.us Submit "18 weeks-Surgeon and PCP follow ups-Another one gone" to StumbleUpon Submit "18 weeks-Surgeon and PCP follow ups-Another one gone" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You are doing great! Keep up the work and always remember the "it's marathon, not a race" Tinman philosophy for long term success.
    You're still kickin' butt! I am soo happy for you. And it's great news that your Dr. thinks you'll be able to come off your BP meds come Summer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    You are doing great! Keep up the work and always remember the "it's marathon, not a race" Tinman philosophy for long term success.

Yup. I am enjoying the marathon. I do honestly believe that the slower weight loss is going to benefit me by the skin does not seem to look too bad even though I have lost a total of 67 lbs on my 4'11" frame. I have some on my thighs but they already were kinda hangy with the fat on them. LOL. I think I can deal. They still look better than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    You're still kickin' butt! I am soo happy for you. And it's great news that your Dr. thinks you'll be able to come off your BP meds come Summer
    Thank you. I feel pretty fabulous. I was hoping that 67 lbs was enough to get me off the meds but obviously not. I am hoping to at least have a lower dosage when I have my follow up in 3 months. Fingers crossed. And regardless, as long as I am healthy, I am okay with staying on the meds for as long as I need.