Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bigdogluver

One Daya Before Pre-op Diet, 2 Weeks Before Surgery

Rate this Entry
My doctor gave me 3 pre-op diet options: all protein shakes, or only lean meat and veggies, or a mix of both. I really want to lose some weight and I'm not sure what option will be best for me. My plan for now is to start out with the shakes and trade off with the meal plan, on every other day. But, I wish I knew which option would be the best for me. What a pain.

I've been on pain meds since my tooth extractions and I'm so sick of it. I want the pain to stop so that I don't have to worry about constipation. There will be enough of that in 2 weeks when I have my surgery.

I feel like a cliché - nervous about the diet and operation and worrying about my decisions and wondering if I can be a success at the post op dieting. I want to lose this weight and get off all the meds that I'm on. Or, at least some of the meds.

Think positive, Laura. Okay - in 3 months, I will be on the other side of the surgery and I will be successfully leading myself into a healthier body. I will succeed in post op weight loss and will reach my goal!

Submit "One Daya Before Pre-op Diet, 2 Weeks Before Surgery" to Digg Submit "One Daya Before Pre-op Diet, 2 Weeks Before Surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "One Daya Before Pre-op Diet, 2 Weeks Before Surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "One Daya Before Pre-op Diet, 2 Weeks Before Surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I did better with the lean meat and veggies. My surgery was 12/29, so my pre-op diet was smack in the middle of Christmas. It wasn't that bad though. I was more worried about my liver being too big to complete the surgery than anything. You'll be fine!
    I did the mixture but that was what my surgeon prescribed. I only had 9 days of pre op. The last 3 days my surgeon stated that I had to do liquids only. Good luck with your pre op.
    Hello Laura,
    We are all stressed out before surgery. I was sleepless for days. It's normal. Try to relax and focus on the positive outcome of the surgery.
    Regarding the diet, I did my own for a few weeks, then my surgeon asked me to follow his pre-op for two weeks. Protein shake for breakfast and lunch and a light dinner with lean protein (chicken/fish/shrimp etc) and non starchy veggies. The first three days are not fun because of the cab withdraw but after it was pretty easy. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Hello Laura,
    We are all stressed out before surgery. I was sleepless for days. It's normal. Try to relax and focus on the positive outcome of the surgery.
    Regarding the diet, I did my own for a few weeks, then my surgeon asked me to follow his pre-op for two weeks. Protein shake for breakfast and lunch and a light dinner with lean protein (chicken/fish/shrimp etc) and non starchy veggies. The first three days are not fun because of the cab withdraw but after it was pretty easy. Good luck!
    Hi Sandra,
    Thanks for replying. It's been day one and I got through it okay on shakes except when I got to dinner. My glucose dropped and I had to go to food. One day down and 13 to go. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsa5018
    I did better with the lean meat and veggies. My surgery was 12/29, so my pre-op diet was smack in the middle of Christmas. It wasn't that bad though. I was more worried about my liver being too big to complete the surgery than anything. You'll be fine!

Hi, thanks for responding. Yeah, having a big liver (and a fatty one at that) is a concern. I just found out that my insurance approved my surgery so now 13 days to go. This first day of the diet wasn't too bad and I ended up doing shakes for all day except for dinner. I do miss my carbs, though. LOL. Again, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I did the mixture but that was what my surgeon prescribed. I only had 9 days of pre op. The last 3 days my surgeon stated that I had to do liquids only. Good luck with your pre op.
    Hi Christie, thanks for responding. It's amazing how many different diets are being prescribed by all the doctors. After a day of doing shakes I switched to food for dinner because my sugar level went too low. It wasn't too bad of a 1st day, but as I mentioned in another area, I miss my carbs. Many thanks again.