Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

peasantme

220 and me forever.

Rate this Entry
I went out Saturday to celebrate with friends...my first restaurant after surgery, I bought snacks, drinks, and came home with leftovers. I grazed all Sunday on those leftovers, polished off the wine, are the reduced T-bone steak I bought at the grocery store on the way home ( in 3 meals, it wouldnt fit otherwise).....

And.......

TADAH!!!!!!

Monday morning .....

I still weigh 220!

Not 221, not 219...

It escapes my ability to reason.

I press onward. The stall will break, the stall will break...enough of my weekend temper tantrum.

Submit "220 and me forever." to Digg Submit "220 and me forever." to del.icio.us Submit "220 and me forever." to StumbleUpon Submit "220 and me forever." to Google

Tags: stall, weightloss Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My doctor told me grazing is an absolute no-no. You have to eat at even intervals (every 4-6 hours for me and then only 4 oz at most at a time). Also, wine is VERY high in calories and carbs. I haven't had alcohol in any form since my surgery. For one, I don't think I could stomach it. Also, protein, protein, protein. I have cut carbs like noodles, rice, bread and potatoes almost completely from my intake. It's hard for me to get 60 grams of protein a day as I only consume about 800 calories a day (sometimes as few as 600). Without a protein water supplement, I wouldn't be able to get there (I can't drink the shakes anymore either-I get bored of the same thing really quick).
    Stalls suck but they pass eventually. I always broke mine with upping my protein. Seemed to be the only thing that worked for me. And I do agree that grazing is a big no no.
    So you're not even 2 months out and you're grazing all day and drinking wine.....This is your plan for losing weight??!?
    Hum....I see a pattern here. You wrote in January that you had "food funeral" with steak and wine, and here we are post-op, only two months out with the same steak and wine?
    Some people on the forum have been drinking wine and lost a lot of weight because they were tracking everything they ate, including the wine. But they had real meals and snack. You can't control what you eat if you graze all day.
    I didn't have alcohol for more than 12 months. It was in my guidelines.
    Now, here is my two cents.
    You had surgery to lose weight. You need to follow your guideline a minimum. One evening of celebration is ok, but it shouldn't turn into polishing all the left over the next day.
    It's all about balance. Of course stalls are normal. But look, the restriction is not forever. I can tell you at one year you can eat a lot more. So try to focus on eating regular meals and snacks if you need to but do look at your time left as the best restriction you will get . Grazing all day is not the way to go, you are eating around your sleeve. You have ten months left, and time does fly. Take care.
    Thank you for replies, I dont see a liek button here for replying and Im still learning this site.

Regarding steak and wine, there is a pattern as I have been vegatarian non drinker for most my life, my "bad" food is steak and red wine as compared to McDonalds. I am also not use to eating so much protein as is required after surgery. Its my challenge.

I am back to my 4 small equal meals....still weighing 220...lol...it just amazes me its never 219 or 221....its scientifically creepy.

Thanks!
    If steak and wine are your "bad" foods, then they are the last things you should be consuming at this point. The honeymoon period is the best chance you have for getting rid of bad eating habits and establishing the new lifestyle you will need to not only lose weight, but maintain for decades to come. Yes, doing things differently (like eating protein) is the hardest part after WLS. it's easy to do the same ol thing, but as we all know, that's how we got fat in the first place.

Making changes is hard, but necessary. If you are struggling, professional psychological help could be the best thing you could do.....even more important than surgery itself. In the meantime, make your protein and water goals (60-80g and 100+ ounces) your full time job and number one priorities.

Good luck!