Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ACE

My life has been insane lately but I think i have finally conquered stress eating for good.

Rate this Entry
This last year has been full of ups and downs as they usually are but this time for me was big. I finally got out of my marriage which was kind of abusive and now I find that I think I am over eating but when I track my food intake I am actually under eating. I am doing the paperwork for my divorce now and dealing with him wanting to take the kids for visitation, but the kids are scared of him so I am not allowing him to see them at this point. And I am living with my mother which used to be a huge stressor for me yet I am not feeling the need to eat my stress anymore. I have even stopped biting my finger nails after 30 years of doing it. I am finding that being with my ex was making me very stressed and seemed to be causing a lot of my other odd issues that were found to be conversion disorder. Its nice not feeling like stress is forcing me to make bad choices anymore because there have been times in the last two years where i turned not only to food to try to feel better but also to alcohol and the alcohol was putting weight back on me fast. I had gained back to 210 lbs as recently as September of 2016 but now the weight has come off again and I have decided alcohol is never going to be something i want again because it tends to make me gain up to 5 lbs after just one night of drinking.
I am loving the feeling of freedom from the ex and even with the stress of trying to help the kids deal with the divorce and his abusive behaviors i feel like I can finally live my life and not turn to food or alcohol to fix my issues only i can do that and i can only do that if i face the issues head on!

Submit "My life has been insane lately but I think i have finally conquered stress eating for good." to Digg Submit "My life has been insane lately but I think i have finally conquered stress eating for good." to del.icio.us Submit "My life has been insane lately but I think i have finally conquered stress eating for good." to StumbleUpon Submit "My life has been insane lately but I think i have finally conquered stress eating for good." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey Ace, I'm sorry to hear about your divorce. It's for sure better to be out of an abusive marriage, especially for the kids. It will probably take some time to adjust to your new life but you seem to be on the right track! Since your major source of stress is out of your life you are on your way to a better life for sure. Stress is the worth and especially for us sleevers, we have to be careful to avoid stress as much as possible to protect our sleeve.
    Sending you my best wishes for fast healing (from those past years of abuse) and happy new life. Take care.
    Glad to hear you are getting out of that toxic relationship. I hope you and your children find the peace and healing that you need. Big hugs!
    Thank you both!