Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Special Kerry

Weight gain. Feeling down.

Rate this Entry
Hello Sleevers. I haven't been online for quite a while. I am so disappointed in myself. I have gain back 35lbs over 2 years. Things have taken a toll on my life. I lost my mother almost 2 years ago and went into a depression. My mom died of Diabetes complications. Just found out 3 days ago my sister is borderline diabetic. I decided to come back to a place where I felt loved and support. My husband is very supportive but it's a different relationship talking to someone who knows exactly what you are going through with this weight gain/loss. Any good advice with going back on the right track?. It is still hard for me to consume large amount of good at a time, so I taken it that my sleeve have not stretched.

Love Kerry

Submit "Weight gain. Feeling down." to Digg Submit "Weight gain. Feeling down." to del.icio.us Submit "Weight gain. Feeling down." to StumbleUpon Submit "Weight gain. Feeling down." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Kerry. First of all, give yourself some slack as you have been through a lot. But now you are at the point where you need to take back control. I am not as far as you but my sister was sleeved 5 years ago and has been able to maintain her weight loss. I think for me the key will be to weigh myself daily so I can spring into action when I see weight gain and do something about it before it is out of control. I did not work this hard to put it back on. As for how to lose the weight, I would advise scaling back and replacing some meals with shakes and upping your exercise. Also be sure to avoid the slider foods like chips, sweets, fried foods, and the like. Good luck.
    So sorry about your loss Kerry, I am new to the group in fact I just joined not even a hour ago. I had the sleeve 4 1/2 years ago and gained almost 30lbs back and I want to loss that and more before my surgery anniversary on Sept 5. So we are both on the right track and we got this. God bless you and your family.
    I only had surgery 79 days ago so I am very new and don't have an awful lot of advice. What I would like to offer is to pull out your information from when you had surgery and start back at square one. I've read several posts throughout this forum where people have said they restarted the process.

My other suggestion is, depending on where you had your surgery do you have the opportunity to make an appointment with the bariatric center and visit with the nutritionist or the nurse to help you get back on track again.

I hope my ideas help just a little. Best of luck to both of you on turning things around. Just reaching out on this forum tells me you'll do great and will find the tools to help you get back to goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackButterfly718
    So sorry about your loss Kerry, I am new to the group in fact I just joined not even a hour ago. I had the sleeve 4 1/2 years ago and gained almost 30lbs back and I want to loss that and more before my surgery anniversary on Sept 5. So we are both on the right track and we got this. God bless you and your family.
    Thank you for your kind words, I am actually back on track 20 pounds down. I am really trying my best. #TeamSupport
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Hi Kerry. First of all, give yourself some slack as you have been through a lot. But now you are at the point where you need to take back control. I am not as far as you but my sister was sleeved 5 years ago and has been able to maintain her weight loss. I think for me the key will be to weigh myself daily so I can spring into action when I see weight gain and do something about it before it is out of control. I did not work this hard to put it back on. As for how to lose the weight, I would advise scaling back and replacing some meals with shakes and upping your exercise. Also be sure to avoid the slider foods like chips, sweets, fried foods, and the like. Good luck.
    Thank you for your advise, I am back on track. I started talking to a nutritionist 1-2 times a month...
    Quote Originally Posted by Newlife2017
    I only had surgery 79 days ago so I am very new and don't have an awful lot of advice. What I would like to offer is to pull out your information from when you had surgery and start back at square one. I've read several posts throughout this forum where people have said they restarted the process.

My other suggestion is, depending on where you had your surgery do you have the opportunity to make an appointment with the bariatric center and visit with the nutritionist or the nurse to help you get back on track again.

I hope my ideas help just a little. Best of luck to both of you on turning things around. Just reaching out on this forum tells me you'll do great and will find the tools to help you get back to goal.
    The doctor that did my surgery is no longer in state. I have started my diet back from square one. I have lack of exercise due to my knee issue. I swear the weight loss has cause me more knee pain that before.... Strange. I must say I am back on track, 30lbs down. Blessings
    Sorry about the struggles you are going through. If you regained 35 I assume you are still down quite a bit from when you started? A glass half full kind of thing?!?

I'm weird, but am getting back on track with Weight Watchers. They actually promote sleeve eating. They are now high protein, low carb/sugars. So stuff like fish, chicken, eggs, beans, and all fruits and veggies are free. It has helped me make better choices. When I was only counting only protein (for 4 years!), I wasn't worrying about the sugar in say a protein bar or greek yogurt. When I snacked I loved those snack packs of nuts, cheese, and craisins. Those were really high in points. So I'm starting to make better choices, and this is making it easy. Not to mention it is totally easy to follow with a sleeve. Back in the day I was so hungry I'd eat all my points by lunch. Now I always have points left over. The phone tracking is fun, even lets you take a picture of a bar code to get points. I did this at the grocery store yesterday and put a lot of my go-to foods back on the shelf. I will be back at goal in 2 weeks (just finished the first week) and then will attend for free. I was a lifetime member back in my phen-phen days! I do enjoy the group which meets right by my house, even found some new hiking buddies, which will help on these cold days. Public weighing keeps me accountable. Works for me. Just an idea.