Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Vanessa7

5 days pre op

Rate this Entry
Unbelievable, it's almost my turn for surgery and seeing my name in the next week's surgery list has left me with mixed emotions. Sad because I'm leaving behind food which has been my everything, scared with the unknown outcome but staying positive, numb because I let it get to this point, and overall happy and anticipating a new beginning where I can start really liking what I see and love myself.

So today my journey officially begins. The last couple of months I have had a hell of a time binge eating ( the last this and the last that lol ) but 2 weeks ago I started preparing myself so now it is time to put the practicing into action. Two protein shakes today and a 3 ounce chicken with lemon juice for the next 5 days. This is going to be fun.

Submit "5 days pre op" to Digg Submit "5 days pre op" to del.icio.us Submit "5 days pre op" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 days pre op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Best of luck to you! Let us know how you are doing. If all goes well, my surgery will be at the end of March early April. My doctor requires 2 weeks pre-surgery of nothing but protein shakes and no calorie liquids. 3 ounces of chicken with lemon juice sounds great compared to no solids at all! Not looking forward to that! I was surprised that I managed to lose 8 pounds since mid January so maybe I can do this after all!
    Hey thank you! I wish you luck as well, we both need it lol. Your surgery is right around the corner so it's very exciting. Two weeks of nothing but protein shakes....ugh! It will be tough in the beginning but knowing your life is at stake will just your mindset. Keep us posted as well.
    After surgery the days will turn into weeks and before long you will start feeling so good. I can tell you that I am 16 weeks out and it was the best decision I ever made. Would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The first week is the hardest but it will get easier day by day! Good luck and welcome to this wonderful journey!
    our day is approaching fast.... of course seeing all the food ads and walking through the grocery stores takes it toll on me, I am determined to begin fresh with the aide of my new stomach..see you soon...
    Thank you Christie! I know going to be challenging but I'm looking forward to the positive changes. I read your blogs and it's very motivationaL! Keep up the great work!

Imariedragon, Yes it is! I still can't believe it. I think it's going to be like a dream once arriving at the airport. Tell me about it! I have been trying to avoid food ads and the grocery store as much as possible. What makes it worse is my sense of smell has intensified. Stay strong... the best is yet to come.I look forward to meeting you. Safe travels and see you soon ��
    You are no living food behind. Food will be there post-op as well. Except the sleeve will help you with portion size, a lot for the first few months, then less and less. Getting the sleeve was the best decision I ever made for my health. You need to have positive thinking about food right now. Food is not the enemy. A good nutrition is important to have a good health, so look as food like if you looked at fuel. You will need the best food post-op because quality will matter a lot. Good luck for your surgery! take care!