Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

superbitcaj81

8 days post op

Rate this Entry
Ok, so I went to the doctor Thursday and he said everything seems good and that I can start the full liquids and every Friday after go to the next diet stage. Well....I know I haven't been behaving the way I should as far as the diet perspective goes, but I feel so much better. 2 days before I was supposed to, I started sipping protein shakes, I felt great and the little left over pain from my incisions completely disappeared. So I've been on full liquids for 4 days now and I decided since cottage cheese is considered full liquids(I don't get that) that I would try it. It went down so easy and I had no trouble. I started thinking "what's the difference between cottage cheese and eggs??" So, for breakfast yesterday morning I had 1 scrambled egg very moist textured. I nibbled slowly, gave my belly a chance to investigate, I didn't get any pain or nausea, so after waiting 5 minutes I decided that I was ok to continue. About 25 minutes later I had officially eaten 1 whole scrambled egg without feeling sick nauseous or over full. Of course I won't go on to sample any other soft foods just yet, I'm satisfied with the ability to eat an egg. I have eaten a scrambled egg 3 times now and I feel so energetic compared to just one week ago. Now by no means am I saying that just anyone can do this because I'm sure that everyone's belly is gonna react differently than mine, but I just wanted to share that things do get better.

Submit "8 days post op" to Digg Submit "8 days post op" to del.icio.us Submit "8 days post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "8 days post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yea each post op instructions are different too. They had me sip on protein shakes the evening of surgery. I had drank a full one by midnight.

You are fortunate that eggs agree with you, I couldn't stand the taste and smell until about six months post-op. I eat them often now, I hard boil a dozen to keep as snacks but I mostly eat the egg whites. The more protein you get from real foods the better for you in the long run. I still do a shake in the am and sometimes in the evening to supplement.

Best of wishes to you!
    I went into each phase a little early as well. I would do what my body agreed with. I am still losing weight at a steady pace. But I eat healthy 99% of the time. I am glad you are feeling pretty good. It is going to continue to get easier and easier. Just make sure you make good, healthy food choices as you start to add them in. Remember that meat proteins will fill you up fast but you can eat a lot more junk food and not get full. Good luck and congrats on your success so far!
    Well I'm really glad that going with my "gut" so to speak worked out. I used to drink protein shakes a lot, but for some reason right now they have been tasting weird to me. I have no idea why.
    Best wishes to you too Sheryl
    Thank you Christine, I'll definitely keep the meat thing in mind. I truly can't wait to eat meat again. I just want to chew a piece of chicken right now. I was never really a red meat person so if it ends up being the thing that bothers me I wont mind. I prefer chicken and pork anyway.
    Week two post=op I cooked a boneless chicken thigh and then pureed it. It was so good and made enough for a few meals. I added a cream of chicken soup ( it was a bariatric soup) to make "gravy".

Eggs were my friend especially poached and then I would add very little tiny pieces of turkey sausage!
    Yes my nut told me to puree my meats and add broth in the beginning as well (for the soft food stage). I did a lot of creamed soups made with nonfat milk in the first weeks and they were very helpful.
    Fat Free Refried Beans, Chicken Broth and hot sauce is divine.
    Awesome! I'll have to try those, I need some variety right now!